Blade Runner: The Final Cut (Digital Cinema Presentation) at the IMAX

Grrr.

Great, now we can all sit with our noses to a huge IMAX screen and not be able to see what's going on in the outside 50% of the picture.

That's obviously how Ridley Scott intended it to be seen.

:rolleyes:

Steve W

Don't shoot the messenger!

:rotfl:

You know, that was exactly the phrase running through my head.

Thanks for the news. :smashin: If you can get a seat right at the back you might get a reasonable view.

Steve W

Why is it that Blade Runner seems to only get shown at cinemas during winter! I remember attempting to make it down to a screening at Chelsea Curzon last winter when it was sub-zero but didn't make it in the end as everyone else decided it was too cold to travel that far :rolleyes:

Haven't find anywhere locally that has shown it since so hopefully it ain't too Arctic that week and I might finally be able to see this great movie on a cinema screen :cool:

Don't go expecting it to fill the entire Imax screen, it'll be similar if not the same to their Matrix presentations, like a postage stamp in the centre of the screen.
And certainly not like The Dark Knight, Kung-Fu Panda and Speed Racer - Imax transformed versions.

UK-wide opening next month, new trailer released by BFI ...
Adapted from Philip K. Dick’s novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?, Ridley Scott’s iconic dystopian classic is unquestionably one of the greatest sci-fi films ever made. From 3 April 2015, cinemagoers will have the chance to see it again, at its best on the big screen, when the BFI releases Blade Runner: The Final Cut across the UK.

Harrison Ford is exemplary as the world-weary detective hunting down intelligent but murderous replicants in a neon-lit, rain-spattered future Los Angeles. Rutger Hauer, Sean Young and Daryl Hannah all give career-defining performances.

Given complete artistic freedom to make The Final Cut in 2007, the 25th anniversary of the film’s release, director Ridley Scott created this final, definitive version, fully restored from the original negative.

Blade Runner: The Final Cut (New Trailer) - In cinemas 3 Apr | BFI release

“This new trailer captures the essence of the film and I hope will inspire a new generation to see Blade Runner when it is re-released across the UK on 3 April.” - Ridley Scott

Starring Harrison Ford, Rutger Hauer, Daryl Hannah and Sean Young and featuring an iconic Vangelis score, Ridley Scott’s classic sci-fi opus is one of modern cinema’s most influential films. A grand cinematic synthesis of sound, image and thought-provoking drama Blade Runner: The Final Cut is an unforgettable experience that demands to be seen on the big screen.

Nice. I saw this twice during the previous release, once at the BFI IMAX (where it looked great and I certainly didn't have trouble seeing more than 50% of the picture) and also at the Brixton Ritzy.

It was amazing to witness Blade Runner look and sound so fresh and new, and even though we've had the Final Cut Blu-ray for years I highly recommend that fans see it on the biggest screen that they can.

Peed off I missed this as it appears my local cinema only showed it on Easter Sunday ! No matter how classic this movie is, the family were never going to be on board with me ditching them for this. Gutted :(

To my surprise my local Odeon was still showing it this week, fortunately ( or unfortunately if you like ) I had a hospital appointment today, thus having the day off work it also allowed me to get down to see it ! I'm so glad I did, still being ( relatively ) a spring chicken I've never had the opportunity to see it on the big screen and wow, it was a mesmerising experience. I'd only seen it once before, in my early teens and I can't say it did a lot for me, on the surface there's not a huge amount of plot or action ( compared to most modern blockbusters ) but it's all about what's happening below the surface none of which is explained but it's excellent surmising the hidden layers. On a visual level, it's truly sumptuous, the production design and sets are a wonder to behold, there's so much detail and grime that just seems to get lost or forgotten when you just fill the screen with pixels. Easily a 10/10

Saw this last night, my all time fave but my first time seeing it on the big screen as was too young to see it in '82. Just as enjoyable as ever, sumptuous visuals, powerful sound mix, and no crappy voice over or tacked on happy ending too!
I know I speak for the other 8 people in the cinema (sad but true, only 9 in an auditorium that holds easy 150) when I say it was bloody wonderful!
Wish SRS could still make films this good these days.

This is such a masterpiece it HAS to be seen on the big screen. Have only seen it twice on the big screen myself, but it comes alive projected. It's one of the most cinematic films ever made.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom