Blade Runner [HD-DVD] £12,247.99

d3moliti0n

Lol that's ridiculous, I own that exact edition on HD-DVD and got it in the 5 for £10 at Gamestation a few months ago.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
Its because HD-DVD is the better format, and its getting rare.

All the HD-DVD's are going to be this price soon.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
Its because HD-DVD is the better format, and its getting rare.

Yeah, that's exactly what happened with Betamax. I now own most of the South of England thanks to the the sale of my Tape collection 5 years ago.

CJPowers81

Its because HD-DVD was the better format, and its getting rare.

Fixed.

Are you basing that on the fact that HD DVD was not region coded, which, to me, means nowt. It's just a waiting game.

It may be rare but I'm sure someone with more more money than sense would buy it, even at that price. There are such people :suicide:

DeadKenny

google -> sarcasm ;)

But if we want to be serious:devil:, yes region free was a major factor. Not a better format though, but a fairer format (though in a few cases there have been better releases on HD DVD. Not due to the format, just the plain fact that like with DVD all releases are not equal or perfect, sadly).

I still cannot buy Blu-Ray because of the region coding. I have already come across numerous titles which I want from regions A and B which are locked to one or the other, and that means buying multiple players. Which I utterly refuse to do.

In many cases you can't just wait for the disc you want in your region when there are superior versions released elsewhere that are never released here or vice versa. I'm more outraged though that Japan is included in region A now, whereas it was :r2: same as UK for DVD. That means lots of films which are only available from Japan are out of my reach without multiple players*

* - yeah okay, or an expensive mod chip that will probably be broken by the next firmware update likely, which you'll need to play the latest discs.

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I was as someone said being sarcastic.

But now my sarcasm has relit this way old debate.

HD-DVD is better as:
Region Free
VC1 is better than MPEG2 codecs (VC1 is now being used on Blu-Rays now too but earlier released films the PQ is better on VC1 HD-DVD's than the same film in MPEG2 on Blu-ray).
Does not contain any Trojan DRM schemes (BD+).
The disks are sturdier made (Blu-Ray needs the blue laser ridiculously close to the disk surface, and it also needs a super hard coating)

But I like the m2ts file format much more than the evox in HD-DVD.

Its much easier to put onto my iobox, with my HD-DVD's I need to convert my HD-DVD's to Blu-rays first before transfer (which admittedly with my CoreI7 920 takes next to no time).

LicensedTaximan

At this price does that mean one gets the p&p free....? :rolleyes:

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
At this price does that mean one gets the p&p free....? :rolleyes:

Lets just hope its not one of the Amazon US based marketplace sellers.

As Customs would be rubbing their hands all the way to the bank when it arrives at mount pleasant.

beecee

64% BUY the item featured on that page as well......:thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 OLED + JBL Synthesis SDR-35 First Thoughts, plus TV Show & Disc Reviews & more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom