1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade Runner (Adrenochrome)

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gary D, Dec 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    This aimed at Adrenochrome

I've noticed that on a number of threads you have "diss'ed" the masterpeice that is "Blade Runner." (its no surprise to regular readers that i think its one of the greatest movies ever made)

can you please tell us/me why you dont like it? Just to give us/me some bearings will you tell us/me what are your 5 fav sci fi movies?

I'd like it point out that this is not meant as a dig (your opinions are your own and just as valid as everyone elses :smashin: ) its just that you seem to have a serious weed up your :censored: about it as you mention it as often as possible.

Its just that i've not met anyone who doesnt like it (queue 10,000 members swaping the thread to express why they dont like it :rolleyes: ) well there was one guy, but he thought that GI Jane was the greatest movie ever (he lives in a padded room now :D )

cheers

Gary

2. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +199
    Thought I would put my two pence worth in, hope you dont mind.
    Now I like blade runner, the problem is i dont really know why :confused: I actually preffer the version with harrison ford doing the voice over. To me it makes it feel a bit more like an old fashioned dective movie. I like the visuals, and the music by vangeliss seems to give it the right futuristic atmoshpear, but the story does tend to plod along a bit. I was woundering if it could have done with a few more replicants so deckard has a bit more to do :laugh:
    Now before any one has a go about that last stament, I know its not an action film, but to me it does seem like the decard character is missing something( but again perhaps that is what you are supposed to think :rolleyes: ) Just let me say however that I do like the film and like you am awaiting a special edition on dvd.

Just for the record my top five sci fi films are. In reverse order

5) war of the worlds
    4)Aliens
    3)Terminator 2
    2)Close Encounters
    1)Star trek 2 the wrath of khan :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    I also do not think it is as greater film as it is cracked up to be but that my opinion Adrenochrome is entitled to his. :lesson:
    I do not know if Blade Runners failing for me was I sympathized more with the replicants than the authorities.

My preference for Sci-Fi films are more in the 50’s with the likes of The Incredible Shrinking Man and The Invasion of the Body Snatchers.

4. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Hi Gary,

You obviously are a big fan of Blade Runner if you have seen fit to start a thread asking why i don't like it ;)

In general i do not like sci-fi movies at all but Mrs Chrome and Baby Chrome do :rolleyes:

I have been told literally hundreds of times by various people that Blade Runner was a fantastic movie but never really fancied watching it until Mrs Chrome demanded we get it :blush:

It is only in the last year that i have actually watched it and i kid you not it took my at least 6 sittings to get through it in one viewing as i kept falling asleep it has to be the most boring movie i have ever had the misfortune to view :boring:

It is also only in the last year that i have watched any of the Star Wars movies as they never held any interest for me (Baby Chrome wanted them) i also think they are a load of old tosh :rolleyes: Perhaps if you had never watched these movies when they first came out but some 20 odd years after their original release some of the magic would be lost on you?

Top 5 sci-fi movies i would struggle to come up with 5 as sci-fi really isn't my thing i consider it to be the movie equivalent of (c)rap music.

Sorry to dissapoint you but i don't think you'll find any weed up my :censored: although if i had to choose between watching Blade Runner again or having Master Rahl up there let's just say the dvd player would not be getting switched on :eek:

Hope this clarifies a few things for you :)

Adrenochrome.

p.s. I have neve seen G.I Jane :smoke:

5. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    thanks for the reply. (yes i'm a huge fan of Blade Runner :smashin: ) Good to see that Mrs and Baby Chrome can see the lght :D )

I dont think that i dislike any film enough to let Master Rahl anywhere near me ("i'm the only Gay on the forum" (spoken in soft welsh accent - that'll bug him i dare say he wont know what thats a referance too :laugh: espeacally as the only gay role models in the USA are the Village People) If any bloke is going to slip me a length he'll need to be at least left wing!!

although likening Sci fi to (c)rap music is a bit close to the bone!

enjoy (oh and avoid GI Jane!!!!)

Gary

6. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    Unfortunately Baby Chrome likes all of this sci-fi nonsense :thumbsdow so i have to watch it :suicide:

Although i do like getting my own back with the spaghetti westerns and godfather type movies :devil: :D

Adrenochrome.

7. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Baby Chrome sounds cool!! :smashin: (just dont let him watch the Matrix 2 & 3- there pants!!)

Gary

8. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    He's a she and she has already made me watch the three matrix films :mad:

Adrenochrome.

9. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    sorry about the sex change of you daughter :blush: even better a girl that likes Sci fi!!!

gary

10. BadAss

BadAss
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +182
    I think Blade runner is an aquired taste, along with other movies such as Dune.

Blade Runner is very slow and you have to be in the right state of mind to stick with it. Anyone would be forgiven for falling asleep through it.
    As with Duel and Aliens before and Legend after, Ridley Scotts early days as director fell heavily on the visual aspect and less on story telling. This meant whole chunks of footage left begging for a decent score to fill in the narrative. So if your not a fan of the music either then these films will probably do nothing for you. If Vangelis hadn't of come up with a masterpiece for Blade Runner I don't think the film itself would of been strong enough to make people watch over and over again.

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,042
    But you do not like Sci-Fi :nono:

Good job insanity jumps a generation. ;) :D

12. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    :suicide: :nono: I mean, you're not qualified to talk about films if you've never wanted to watch the original star wars trilogy :lesson:

You can't be too keen on films, or had a very restrictive, unfun childhood :laugh:

13. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    im not really keen on star wars either, i mean i can appreciate what it did for the movie industry but it's like a soap opera with aliens. kinda want the trilogy just to see the apparently spectacular image and hear the spectacular sound, but meh, don't like the movies.

and guess what, i didn't like blade runner all that much either, was way too slow for my liking, and never really decides what it wants to be, so ends up as a bit of a mess.

14. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Absolutely agree with you!!! I have been asked about SW and the "Holy Trilogy" so many times and my bog standard answer is "They were great when I was 7 - but I'm not 7 anymore". I've moved on since then (A HELL of a lot) and can see WHY at the time I liked them - but now ? Errrrrrrrrrrrm no. Before anyone says anything like "I suppose you like LOTR" - well ermmmmmm no I don't. I can see what was being done and that but Best Oscar ? Please... that was a token gesture AT BEST. (Flaming will ensue shortly). I can see WHY people like them and I can see the hard work et al - but nah....not that great at the end of the day. Extended versions or not.

15. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I just can't do the whole sci-fi thing it bores the pants off of me :boring:

Adrenochrome.

16. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Try watching Star Wars: A new hope in a good cinema. Anything from boring :nono: :rtfm: :rolleyes: :confused: :confused:

17. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    I Have and it is :lesson: :lesson: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :boring: :boring:

Adrenochrome.

18. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    "Light blue touch paper and stand well back, do not return to thread once lit as your not sure if it will go off in your face."

Previous post has been deleted on the grounds that its christmas and i cant be arsed.

gary

19. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    I think this thread is done Gary, your call.

Cheers, Mylo

20. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Mylo,

close it dude, its christmas, and to be honest its not worth getting stressed about.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.