Blade DTS Laserdisc

M

MacReady

Sorry, I know this is not about a DVD.

Does anyone know if Blade DTS LD was a limited edition LD or was pressed in only small numbers, as most people I have spoke to dont even know it exists and no where has it for sale.

------------------
"I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"

It was in very short supply , i luckly got one , also toy story was very short supply.
As these were being pressed laser dics was on its way out so i think pre orders in the states were very small so not many got pressed , i thnk this resulted in the dts aliens being withdrawn ?

Your best bet for finding any dts LD's nowadays would be over on E-Bay.com.

------------------
Tschaikowsky:

Was he the tortured soul who poured out his immortal longings into dignified passages of stately music?

Or was he an old poof who wrote tunes?

Sorry, I should have made my first post clearer. I already own the DTS LD of Blade, I bought it around a Year and a half ago, but now a friend is wanting it (ironically it is the person who ordered the copy for me as I wasn't on the net at the time). I know he has scoured the well known LD suppliers without any luck so he asked me to do a little digging too (he is not a forum person, which is why he hasn't posted himself). I dont know if he has looked on EBay, but I will suggest it to him.

pssyche7, What do you think to the disc then...I personally think it is a fantastic demonstration of just how good DTS can be compared to DD 5.1.

I also never knew that Aliens had a planned DTS LD release? That would have been nice.

Thanks for the replies guy's

------------------
"I dont know what the hell's in there, but it's wierd and ****ed off whatever it is!"

all of the alien/s etc. discs were released in dts, someone on the forum had the four of them

duncanwardle or duncan or something

also had dts Goldeneye (bastard)

and others

unfortunately, unlike on the dolby site, there is no complete listing of dts lasers, or at least i have not found one.

------------------
'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill

I remember Duncan saying he had a few DTS LD's....just didn't remembers him mentioning Aliens....must have missed that one.

I realy regret not searching out more DTS LD's over the last couple of years before they all disapeared, as I suspect a lot of these movies may never make it to DVD will DTS soundtracks (allthough I suppose there is always hope withe the Alien movies seeing as Fox seem to be re-issuing movies with DTS soundtracks)

------------------

Ken Cranes is a good place to try for dts LD's

------------------
"Are you gonna bark all day little doggie, or are you gonna bite ?"

Only borrowed the Alien movies !
frown.gif

duncan...

i may be confusing you with someone else, i'm not sure, i tried to find the other post today, hence the resurrecton of the THX trailers post.

confirm, do you have goldeneye DTS,
Apocalypse now from a car boot sale
and Alien Resurrection DTS from oxfam,

------------------
'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill

ken cranes is not really a good place to buy dts LD's, they dont sell them anymore unfortunately

unless you are talking about the actual shop

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom