Blade and streaming tv

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by archiecat, Jun 26, 2015.

1. archiecat

archiecat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello

I came across the Blade media receivers range today. This has interested me greatly. I have a few questions about it though. Where is the best place to get answers, or some guides?

Its clearly streaming video, and people claim to be able to stream me every football match live, all sky channels (in HD) and movies, etc.

My question is, are these channels usually just streaming on the internet for any (within reason) brand of online device? I.e. could I browse to the stream with a browser for instance? I have a Roku and I would love to be able to stream all these football games to it.

I see some of the Blade units are Linux based. Would there also be some hardware for codec decryption?

Are the channels added by typing in an IP address or domain name? Are there different channel providers? Just a collection of servers that you can pay to get access to?

Its all a bit vague as far as I can tell, and obviously people don't want to be advertising the fact that they are reselling sky's products too much...

2. logiciel

logiciel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,789
    There can be absolutely no discussion on the forum of obtaining any form of paid TV without paying the original supplier.