1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blade 2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by conington, Aug 22, 2002.

1. conington

conington

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    I have pre- ordered Blade 2 from Futurenet, apparantly the release date is August 30. I would have expected this to be on its way by now (from past experience of receiving new releases 1 - 2 weeks prior to the official launch date), does anyone know if this release has been delayed?

2. mcmullanbrush

mcmullanbrush
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are occasions when discs are despatched early, I suppose it depends on various circumstances such as distributer etc. Maybe this one will be out as advertised.

I have not heard about this film being delayed, I hope not as I cant wait to see it.

3. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Just checked the release date on play and it's now 3/9/2002 when it was 30/8/2002. It's only a 4 days different maybe this is why the disks have not shipped yet.

4. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I have just received this disc (R1) so I don't think the release has been delayed. Quite impressed to see there is a DTS-ES 6.1 discrete soundtrack on it, going to watch the movie in an hour or so...

5. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Who did you order it from you lucky git. I wanted my copy for this weekend but it looks like it's not going to be.

6. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    interdvd have it in stock but want £25 for it:eek:

also disc emporium have it and want £22 for it

movietyme are also shipping

i thing these copanies have the us version and its the canadian version that is delayed slightly and that is where play & future are supploed from

7. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Bum.:(

8. CarlB

CarlB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    I got it from Disc Emporium where I get almost all my discs, except a few catalogue titles that I don't mind waiting for.

Have just watched it and thought it was great fun. Cracks along at a fair pace, with fantastic action sequences and great FX. Definitely low-brow action all the way, but then that's just what you expect, and there's a time and a place for action movies like this in my collection!

Picture was great, though some of the dark scenes seemed a bit grainy. As all other reviews comment on the lack of grain I put this down to the older generation '3' Panasonic plasma loan set I have at the moment, and will check it again when my model 4 arrive back from Panasonic (they are checking the power supply buzzing). I listened to the DTS-ES discrete soundtrack and it was very impressive. Lots of deep, controlled bass and fabulous directional effects.

Haven't watched any of the extras, don't have time now. In short, this disc is worth getting if you liked the first movie. You knew that, right? ;)

9. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Strolled into my Local rental shop this morning and was pleasantly surprized to see Blade 2 sitting on his rack

I actually saw this movie in the Cinema, but wanted to Check out the DVD

let me say from the off that the DTS-ES 6.1 discrete soundtrack is quite sensational WOW the panning of the swords etc is right out of the top drawer it does,nt really come any better

The Picture is also outstanding. The movie itself is not as good as the first one, and some of the FX are way over the top, but I enjoyed it overall

the region 1 version has a stack of extras on disc 2 as well,

Guess I am lucky having a local DVD store renting all the Latest Region 1 stuff eh