Blade 2 - WOW!!!!!

E

elaysian

Got this yesterday direct from play. Watched it last night.

What a soundtrack - DTS ES - amazing.

One of the best action soundtracks I have heard for a long time. Very atmospheric and massive use of the surround channels.

I think I have a new entry in my show-off disc top ten ;)

My darling of a girlfriend bought it for me yesterday from Tesco :)

haven't watched it yet but had a quick flick through last night and I have to say it's stunning.

oh, and am I the only one who is disappointed with the ultrathick Ammray case? The bloody thing won't fit in my rack :mad:

i have it on r1 and was very impressed would like to know if the r2 is a better picture quality? do any one have both to compare

Still looking forward to seeing this film, had mine on pre-order with Play but still received nothing :-(

Anyone else still waiting for their copy?

Excellent picture and sound. Shame about the film.

Liked the film myself, yes it was just typical popcorn action fodder, but enjoyable never the less. Good disc too

This movie was utter rubbish. Sound Was naff and the picture naff. Don't waste your money.

Originally posted by Stroppy
This movie was utter rubbish. Sound Was naff and the picture naff. Don't waste your money.

Stroppy? We have many stroppy members already. Most of them have now been made Moderators;)

I have to admit that I preferred the original aswell... Although I thought it was visually impressive (lots of brilliant panning/sets/lighting etc) the plot is illogical, contrived twaddle. I didn't buy into Blade 'assisting' the vampires at all and I found the character U-turns in the final third rather hard to swallow.

Even visually speaking there were faults, as the fights were way too choppy/rushed and nothing in it compares to the opening club scene in the previous film...

ahhhh the opening club scene.....!! was a show off part when i first got me player and system...the spectaclur picture quality and and the bit where he throws the star in a circle is best used to check your surround speakers are all working!!lol:p

agreed, I loved the first but the second (although a great action movie) really struggled in the storyline and the fight scenes didn't cut it IMO.
Fantastic quality disc though..:) and definately one to keep next to the first..

The first club/fight scence was the best scene out of either movie.

However, the second does have a better enemy in terms of the Reapers. Mr Goss has more presence and evokes a greater sense of threat than Deacon Frost. I found the whole "Blood God" concept of the first film a bit hokey.

Del Toro comes out on the DVD and says he wanted to create comic book action on screen. I think he achieved his aim and while it's no masterpiece of modern cinema bya long way, it's definitely a good Friday night after the pub film!

The deleted scenes are also well worth watching with the Del Toro commentary - definitely a cut above most in terms of entertainment.

I was really dissapointed with Blade 2's soundtrack. It could've been great but what we got was a rather ham fisted, messy mix with no subtlety what so ever. Surrounds/lfe were mixed far too high, I could hear the surrounds for practically the whole film. Dialogue was poor also.

Good film tho and fan-bloody-tastic visual effects.

i thought the pic quality was good and the sound not bad, but the real let down was the "virtual stuntmen" some of them were really really poor (esp the one of the girl fighting with blade in front of the lights - that was so funny) Overall it was a great rental.

Gary

Originally posted by Dom H
I was really dissapointed with Blade 2's soundtrack. It could've been great but what we got was a rather ham fisted, messy mix with no subtlety what so ever.

Sound track was great on my system but there again I use a centre speaker :D

Originally posted by Ian J
Sound track was great on my system but there again I use a centre speaker :D
So you missed most of the dialog then?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom