blade 1 now in nice case.

M

mr chadwick

some slag nicked my original blade so i just got round to replacing it(blade 2 looked lonely)
got it from cdwow this morning and its in a nice amaray case not the bloody snapper i used to have.i dont feel so bad now about having to buy it again.:D

I have the R2 and it is in a nice 'non-snapper'...........

Ad

Originally posted by buns
I have the R2 and it is in a nice 'non-snapper'...........

Ad
Your post any old rubbish to catch me up. :D

Originally posted by bob007
Your post any old rubbish to catch me up. :D

:p i think it was a valid point!

ad

I've had my region 1 snapper for about 3 1/2 years and its seen better dayz!! lol...as long as i isn't like the gay cover on the region 2 with all the crtics comments etc!....does anyone else hate that kinda thing!!

Originally posted by loafer316
I've had my region 1 snapper for about 3 1/2 years and its seen better dayz!! lol...as long as i isn't like the gay cover on the region 2 with all the crtics comments etc!....does anyone else hate that kinda thing!!

it is rather 2nd rate to do that. It ranks up along side the 'action scenes' in the new stargate intro. If someone feels the need to do that, it means they cant think for themselves!

ad

That's Entertainment In Video for you! :rolleyes:

I know this is dragging up the same old arguments again, and without wanting to provoke anybody, could someone explain this obsession that many have with what is on the DVD case?

I understand that if you watch a DVD once a month then a snapper case may become slightly tattier than a different type of case. I dont understand why people care about what is written on the case:confused:

The only time I look at a DVD case is to identify what film is inside it, as long as it does that then who cares?

Originally posted by mcmullanbrush
I know this is dragging up the same old arguments again, and without wanting to provoke anybody, could someone explain this obsession that many have with what is on the DVD case?

I understand that if you watch a DVD once a month then a snapper case may become slightly tattier than a different type of case. I dont understand why people care about what is written on the case:confused:

The only time I look at a DVD case is to identify what film is inside it, as long as it does that then who cares?

I care about how they look for the same reasons I care about how my car looks, or how my clothes look, or how my house looks. I guess I am picky like that! :rolleyes: :D

Originally posted by Lex
I care about how they look for the same reasons I care about how my car looks, or how my clothes look, or how my house looks. I guess I am picky like that! :rolleyes: :D

Thats rather spurious:rolleyes:

I have never taken part in such an arguement.....!

Im not that bothered to be honest, but there are just some things that look shoddy. Having critics comments is like sticking posters over a poorly decorated wall! If they want me to pay money, they should have a nice case. The bi lingual doesnt hassle me at all, in fact i think it makes the thing stand out.

ad

Thats rather spurious:rolleyes:

I am sorry you thought that I was being spurious - it is the honest answer - I like things to look good, I don't understand why you wouldn't care what they look like. :) I love the new r2 Pulp Fiction DVD because it is designed so well. I aviod buying EIV discs because, amongst other things, I don't like the way they look. :cool:

I'm with you all the way on this one Lex :)

I honestly do not care what DVD cases look like. As far as I am concerned they serve two purely practical purposes, the protection of the disc and a means of identifying what is inside.

A film I have been waiting for on DVD for years is being released at Xmas, I wouldnt care if the case had a picture of David Mellor on the front, I would still buy it because I like the film.

By the same logic I drink Stella Artois lager because I like the flavour and it makes my wife seem sexually attractive. I do not drink it because I like the design of the can.

I thought your argument to be spurious because people care how their clothes, car and house look as it is widely considered to be a reflection on ourselves, whereas the appearance of a DVD case is not.

By the way Lex, didnt you say you were going to be directing a documentary? How is it going and what is it about?

Originally posted by buns
I have never taken part in such an arguement.....!

I find that difficult to believe. :D

EIV dont release snappers in R2.

By the same logic I drink Stella Artois lager because I like the flavour and it makes my wife seem sexually attractive. I do not drink it because I like the design of the can.

LOL.......im falling about on the floor reading this! :D :D

Originally posted by Ian J
I find that difficult to believe. :D

That is actually an arguement prior to my time! I only started with prolific posting about 5 weeks ago.....about the same time i hit 900 i recall....... so for once, an arguement i can honestly claim not to have caused! :D

ad

Originally posted by Marv
EIV dont release snappers in R2.

Nobody said they did! :)

By the way Lex, didnt you say you were going to be directing a documentary? How is it going and what is it about?

Yes, the documentary is finished now. It's about Young People and Alcohol - using actors we tell some true stories about how kids are affected by alcohol, either drinking themselves or by their parents/relatives - it discusses the issues and offers facts & information without finger-wagging! :) It will be shown in Comprehensive schools (Hopefully nationwide). Its available for sale if you want a copy! :D :p
Thanx for asking! :)

Originally posted by Lex
Its available for sale if you want a copy! :D :p

What is the aspect ratio
Will it have DTS
Is there French writing on the cover
Where do I send my cheque

Originally posted by Ian J
What is the aspect ratio
Will it have DTS
Is there French writing on the cover
Where do I send my cheque

:D LOL :D

You should have asked me to help!

ad

W/o changing the subject too much...i also noticed on the R1 copy of The Crow where the whole left half of the cover was dedicated to critics comments...i'm thinking i might get the french region 2 version which comes in a stylish plain black case although DTS is only in french.

although DTS is only in french.

is French DTS very different to English DTS

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom