• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Blackpool Illuminations

kopchoir

Banned
Anyone been recently i went this evening i used to love going as a kid we took my daughter and she loved it personaly now that im getting old i found it a little tacky but i will say it was absoloutely chocka took us around 4 hours to go through them.
Must cost them a fortune i dont know how much money the lights bring in via people coming to blackpool,turned out costing me a fortune as we had a flat on the way home and yes your going to call me now because i had to get the roadside assistance out as i cant change a tyre:D fix people at work no problem but have never changed a tyre and i need a new wheel now:suicide:

So anyone been recently or anyone thinking of going

Kop

stevefish69

Prominent Member
We visited recently for a weekend and had a great time.

Blackpool is our UK favorite haunt but we'd never seen the illuminations before. The fact that they were on just added an extra to an already great weekend.

Personally we are coaster heads so go mainly for the pleasure beach and nightlife which is always fun.

D

Deleted member 30535

I live near Blackpool. I last went to the illuminations about 20 years ago. Sounds as though they haven't changed in terms of quality. Personally I can't see the attraction of a 4 hour slog to see a light show, even for "free".

kopchoir

Banned
I live near Blackpool. I last went to the illuminations about 20 years ago. Sounds as though they haven't changed in terms of quality. Personally I can't see the attraction of a 4 hour slog to see a light show, even for "free".

Its not really free though is it[-] have[/-]really need to give to the collection point it was a bit of a tradition 20 odd years ago for us with our respective parents to go every year and as my daughter is 4 we decided we would take her she quite enjoyed it actually

Me personally enjoyed the fact my daughter liked it but i just wanted to be inmy sofa watching footy:D

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Am 45min away from blackpool and i find the town a total dive and the place sticks there is alot of scammers there as well. BUT i do like to do the golden mile and see the lights :thumbsup:

addyb

Distinguished Member
Im about 40 mins from blackpool but hate the place. Its a dump and stinks of fish :D

Illuminations havent been updated in about 50 years, its full of undesirables and basically too packed.

Jeez think im getting too old! :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom