1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blackout material..

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jrwood, Oct 23, 2001.

1. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Chris Frost

Chris Frost

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +107
    Had a look at your link - the page comes up with No Image Available, so can't really comment.

Blackout material doesn't have to be black, heavy or shiney. John Lewis stores do something very effective for lining curtains.

It's white, pretty thin, light weight and costs about £5 per linear metre. Works very well, we've lined the curtains in two east facing bedrooms. No more problems with the morning sun - even Dracular could sleep safely ;)

Regards

3. jrwood

jrwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wanted this for my 4:3 projector to reduce the light spill, I think I really need felt/velvet to mask out unwanted light!.

I might try John Lewis and see if they do anything suitable but I think I will have to find a local fabric store which sells felt/velvet by the yard!.

4. slingshot

slingshot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I think the Jessops stuff is fairly heavy if it's anything like the stuff I've seen before, but it will definatley stop light.

If you want it black, I bought some rubber pond liner, and made a detachable frame, it's cheaper than proper blackout material and 100% light proof.

This was for a photo darkroom and not a HC room so maybe a bit overkill unless you really want it dark.

Hope this helps

Slingshot