1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackout curtains?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Sam Darwish, Oct 20, 2003.

1. Sam Darwish

Sam Darwish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not sure if this is the right place to post but can anyone tell me where I can get blackout lining for my curtains?

2. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try a heberdashery (curtain shop)!!!!! You know 'curtain world' or something similar. Theres one in every out of town shopping centre in the uk. OK not the sort of place your average red blooded male hangs out but you could always take the missus to reduce the embarasment factor.................Should cost about £6 a metre.

3. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Speak for yourself.................................... I reknowned for my pelmets, swags and tails :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sean G.

4. Markatlarks

Markatlarks
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Have you thought of just buying 'blackout material' cut to the exact size of the window, then fixing velcro tape to the four corners of the material, and stick the opposite sex velcro to the window frame (clear white colour works a treat).

I have numbered my 'blinds' as some of my windows are slightly differing sizes. All you do is simply press them into service as and when required. Simple solution if you dont want to remake your curtains.

Oh ya - 'blackout material' sells for about £5 per metre which is 2000mm wide. (Truro Fabrics in Cornwall)

5. Sam Darwish

Sam Darwish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Markatlarks that would be perfect but I live near Heathrow airport (do they do mail order? Thanks), anyone know anywhere closer?

6. browsking

browsking
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello................see my original reply. Any curtain shop will sell blackout material. There must be hundreds if not thousands in London..................................You certainly dont need to mail order from Cornwall!!!!

7. Sam Darwish

Sam Darwish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been to a number around west London but have not had any luck! Hence my post

8. ChrisAllenFiz

ChrisAllenFiz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I got mine from Harvey`s, if there is one near you you might give it a try.

Chris