1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blackout blind for pj - 10ft wide with 6-7ft drop - best place/price and quality

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rogeralpine, Mar 24, 2003.

1. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've done a search for blinds but couldn't find much info on here. I'm essentially looking for a cheap blackout blind to replace the icestorm painted wall that I have. I'm after a 10ft wide screen - not that easy to get hold of - most are about 6 or 7 feet wide.

Once I've located a supplier, what fabric, spec etc. should I be looking at? I would initially be looking at a grey coloured blind to match the icestorm colour I have at present - anyone else got anything similiar and are able to add their two penneth worth?

Thanks in advance!

2. paulsa

paulsa

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    my `screen` is a 7` wide blackout blind from John Lewis,the fabric is 6` wide,but with the fabric run horizontaly (as mine is) then you have no joins and it could be 10` wide(the fabric on mine is called Joeline......as far as i can remember):) ,made a huge difference over my icestorm painted wall too ;)

3. Insp.Gadget

Insp.Gadget

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Afraid I can't help with a 10' wide screen, but if anyone is looking for a cheap 6.5' screen then take a look at the Tupplur blackout blinds in Ikea. The 2 metre wide "cream" blind is only £20, and the colour is only a shade or two different to Da-Lite's High Contrast Cinema Vision material (I'll be using the more rubbery side). Unfortunately 2 metres is the biggest size they do :(

I haven't got a projector yet, as I'm waiting for the AE300 to be released, so I can't comment on how good it is, but if it's so close to the HCCV then how bad can it be ?

4. rogeralpine

rogeralpine
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for that - how have you errected the blind, is it on a roller or have you just cobbled something together?