Blacklight: Retribution

xDjentleman

Novice Member
Hey all,

I had personally never heard of this game until a day or so ago when FRANKIEonPC posted a video of the closed beta on his channel.

This game looks awesome!

I don't see the point in applying for the beta as the game is due to release (free to play btw) in Jan 2012, and there are no EU servers yet.

Anyone else into this?

well looking forward to this and CS:Global Offensive for early next year :smashin:

I bought their first game Blacklight: Tango Down. It was a really solid game but never really took off. But the gameplay was actually very good. Looking forward to this.

xDjentleman

Novice Member
Maybe making this F2P is a good thing then?

I'm still undecided on that... don't get me wrong, I love F2P games (for obvious reasons) and obviously no-one has an excuse not to get this if they want it... but recent F2P games have attracted some strange people :rolleyes:

I think F2P is the norm nowadays and i think we will only see the amount of games that use it increase in the future. The gameplay mechanics of the first game at the time i liked alot but really struggled to find games. It never really took off, was not given enough build up exposure, it just came from nowhere ( Bit like this one it seems )

If i remember right it was running on the Unreal Engine and ran pretty sweet.

xDjentleman

Novice Member
hopefully it'll be more populated than the previous blacklight game!

either way though... i will be playing this from release because it looks freakkiiinn awesome!!!

xDjentleman

Novice Member
don't mean to dig this thread up, but saves starting a new one or posting somewhere else....

the closed beta seems to be in its final stage now, which means this could be going into an open beta stage in the next 2 weeks!!

this game looks sick!

I've been playing it a while now and like it. Graphics are also DX11 with tessa, although it's nothing special really graphically but more than good enough. Plays really well though, really slick controls

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
OMFG Orgasm at the customizable options for weapons. WTB This for Call of Duty.

Houghsx

Distinguished Member
Scorz said:
I've been playing it a while now and like it. Graphics are also DX11 with tessa, although it's nothing special really graphically but more than good enough. Plays really well though, really slick controls

How do you find that vision control?? Looks like an interesting feature.

How do you find that vision control?? Looks like an interesting feature.
I like it as it encourages tactical play. The good thing with it is you don't have unlimited use of it throughout a match as it needs to recharge after use. Some of the larger maps it's vital. The maps are very well designed aswell on the whole

stument

Distinguished Member
im guessing the upgrades you get from playing, like Rank points or something?

im guessing the upgrades you get from playing, like Rank points or something?
Yes, you get credits each round and you either loan/borrow the upgrades for a cheaper price for a limited time or buy them outright for a higher price of credits. It works well IMO, i have never felt outgunned lets put it that way in comparison to some that have purchasable upgrades outright.

The ranking and upgrade system is fairly large aswell and so the title has alot of longevity. Don't go expecting anything new though in terms of pushing FPS games forward. It's just a very well done FPS with a nice tactical element thrown in due to the vision thingy

If i have been beaten it always felt like i lost to a better player rather than someone that has better stuff.

Last edited:

stument

Distinguished Member
Just played two Games, love it came first and 2nd :D

Picked it up very quickly, nice fast paced game

Looking forward to upgrading my weapons how do you get Zen? Seems most things need it to be purchased

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
Downloading now so will give it a bash when done.

stument

Distinguished Member
Remind me of Halo and COD put together

I wear my Deserts every time i fire up a FPS :)

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
So its worthy of a bash then? I should be on in about 30 mins so will see what it's like.

stument

Distinguished Member
Yeah its good fun, can see me playing it a fair bit

Already been called a hacker and Reported :D

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member
HACKER!!!

What did i actually download to start with being as im now downloading a 4.6GB patch lol.

stument

Distinguished Member
HACKER!!!

What did i actually download to start with being as im now downloading a 4.6GB patch lol.

the patch it massiveee lol

The graphics are pretty damn good for a free game :eek:

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member

Sega Mega Dave

Distinguished Member

stument

Distinguished Member
Send me a friend request aswell bud,

ID - Stumentt

Had to use two t's :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums