Blacking out the lounge...blinds cost

edz

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

As some of you may have seen over in the LCD projectors forum I've a panny AE300 on the way and now have to work out a way to best reduce/stop light into the lounge, there are 2 large (100 cm x 201 cm) floor length windows, two medium (54 x 182cm) floor length windows a bay (2 100 x 132 cm and one 208cm x 100 cm) window and one 112 x 133 cm window...

Now somehow I have to be able to block out the light from these, these windows face the garden so no street lights but with it not getting dark enough to project until 9-10pm that doesnt help :confused:

Worse than that all these sizes seem non standard and mrs edz is not keen on curtains except for aethetics so... custom blinds it looks like but with the smallest window quote coming back ar around £120 this is going to cost more that my home cinema .....

So, anyone out there done anything similar or am I going to have to become a night shift worker :boring:

Cheers all

Edz

Depends what blinds you want but Ikea do venetians and sell trimmers to make the width the right size then just take out the extra slats to adjust the length.

Its time concuming though not specially hard but works out real cheap compare to custom made. AFAIR the 100*210 would be about £15 and the trimmer was £2.

We did our whole house for £350 compared to a grand for custom made, not that it looks like I did it myself and I'm a fussy git.

homebase do cheap black out blinds...

i was lucky to find a size that matched my window with over lap to block out all light.....tis like being down T pit...

think it was £25...bargin in my book

It white as well and is not noticeable when the blind is up as i fittied it at the same height as the curtain pole

Thanks for the help guys, Mrs Edz will now be looking forward to a trip to ikea from sunny (not) bournemouth.. I just hope we ONLY come back with the blinds .. but that's not very likely :D

Cheers

edz

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom