• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

BlackGold BGT3620 - Crashing PC

My PC is now constantly crashing with the BlackGold BGT3620 installed. It was fine for a while, but now is unusable. I have removed the card as this is the only way to get my HTPC working correctly.

Has anyone experienced problems like this?

The machine runs Win7 64bit, and MediaPortal. The computer will turn off at any point (i haven't found a common point of failure yet).

I am considering using an alternative card, but would prefer not to have wasted my money on this card, so any thoughts for solving this would be appreciated.

Thanks

Andyclockwise

I recently purchased this card and had similar problems with crashing W7, after initially working for a short while. I emailed BG support and they got me to return it, and have just sent me another card. Haven't got around to testing it yet, but I suspect there may have been a faulty batch.

jameson_uk

Is likely to be a hardware conflict with something else.
What other hardware do you have installed?

WheresMyArtisan

Possibly the PSU can't cope with the power demands. See if it works with as much other stuff as possible disconnected, e.g. extra hard disks, DVD drives, USB coffee warmers.

Andyclockwise

Update: New card installed and is working well, so far, after 1 week.

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom