1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Widescreen TV!

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Roger, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Roger

Roger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All

As anyone who does not like silver TV’s will know, it’s very difficult to find a black one and has been for some time.

Am I alone in wanting a black (or at least not silver) TV?

I’m looking for a 16:9 28” which will be used as a ‘screen’ for connection to my Freeview box (Labgear/Setpal), VCR and DVD.

I don’t want to pay for too many features I won’t use (ideally I would like 3 scarts, including RGB and S-video, but 2 would be ok) and so far have short listed the following models:-

JVC AV28CT1B - £499 in JL but can only supply the silver version! Or £370 from Empire Direct (including delivery)

JVC AV28T25EKB – £500 from PRC (including delivery)

I would prefer to buy from a shop (I live in London near the City) but may have to order online without the opportunity to actually view the TV before I buy.

Any feedback or suggestions would be appreciated including other makes/models to consider and any experiences with shops and/or online suppliers (good or bad).

Thanks

Roger

2. Flimber

Flimber
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,477
    Recent thread over at DVD Forums about this. Some recommendations there too.

I know LIDL do a 32" 100Hz in anthracite black/grey for £429 occasionally but good luck finding one (or any info).

Mike.

Mike.