1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black & White Through JVC dvd

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Rick1486, Apr 4, 2003.

1. Rick1486

Rick1486
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help! Until the htpc is built I've used the breakout cable supplied with the HS10 to connect to my Sky (pace) box and my JVC dvd player which itself is merely connected via the black coloured round (svideo?) cable.
    Thought I'd have a look at a dvd today so put one on and the picture came through on the pj, but in black & white!

What have I done wrong gang and how do I put it right?

Please help!

Rick

2. John_N

John_N

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ensure that the projector is set to accept S-video on the input. I think that one of the inputs on the projector is for composite video and one for S-Video - try changing inputs.

An s-video signal separates the chroma and luma signals. If you are seeing black and white you are seeing only the luminance information.

This could be because the projector 'thinks' the luminance is the entire picture (ie - it's not looking for S-video - it's looking for composite video).

This could be because the PJ isn't getting the chrominance info.
    Check that none of the pins in the S-video connector are bent.

J

3. rattlesnake

rattlesnake

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Also experiencing the same problem.
    Scart to svideo convertor to AE100 comes out black and white.

The AE100 is set on s-video input. It works fine with the scart to composite.

Also tried scart to s-video through Pro-v to AE100 - still comes out B&W

Any suggestions.

Andy