black & white picture

scanny

Standard Member
Hi, does anyone know why all of a sudden the picture on my Pioneer dvd recorder model dvr 440 hxs has gone from colour to black & white ? I've tried all of the cable to make sure they're connected which they are .
Any help is very much appreciated.
scanny.

bonzobanana

One way you can get a b/w picture is if you change the settings to s-video when the tv is expecting RGB or composite.

Scart can carry all three signals but the output and input must be configured to accept the same signal.

Is it possible that someone has changed a setting or moved the scart plug from your dvd recorder into a different scart socket on the tv which isn't s-video compatible?

scanny

Standard Member
bonzobanana, thanks for your reply, no settings have been changed or scarts moved. I was doing some dvd copying from the hard disc which was working fine. I then sent a programme from sky+ box to the dvd recorder and left the room. When I returned I checked the recording on the dvd recorder and found that it was in black & white. Watching tv thru the dvd recorder is also in black & white but switching to watch tv thru sky or dvb is in colour. I'll take a look at the settings but I hadn't altered anything previously and all was working fine.
thanks.
scanny.

scanny

Standard Member
bonzobanana, you were right about the s-video settings etc. I changed the settings in the dvd recorder and everything is now working properly again. I can't understand how they were changed in the first place.
many thanks.
scanny.

Gavtech

Administrator

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom