Black & White Picture on Digibox

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by jill r, Nov 13, 2004.

1. jill r

jill r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My Mum has had her digibox since last Christmas and it worked perfectly. However in the last month the colour has gone out of all digital programmes and she can only view in black and white. Ordinary terrestrial tv programmes are colour. She has a Phillips DTR1500 box which is linked to a Toshiba widescreen tv, model no. 24W33B. Can anyone help out on this?
    Thanks,
    Jill

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Are you sure the scart output is correctly set to composite or RGB and hooked up to a suitable scart on the TV?
    I know it's probably an obvious question and a little insulting but in some cases if it's outputting s-video via scart to an unsuitable input you will get a B&W picture, could be a problem with the STB or just the wrong AV input on the TV.

3. jill r

jill r

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for your help...I'll pass it on to my Mum.
    She has all the relevant scart cables, which we think are in the right places...but we must check again!! Believe me, you are not insulting in the least, as I am totally bereft of any techie knowledge regarding electrical equipment!! Which is why I am going to ask...'What's STB?'
    Thanks...Jill

4. parknride

parknride

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Set Top Box