1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black & White Image

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by andyfel, Nov 29, 2004.

1. andyfel

andyfel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sharp XR-1S DLP projector, bought as bankrupt stock. It plays V Good and i'm pleased with the quality of the image I get using component video from my PC & DVD via the 15 pin D-sub connection.
    My problem is in using the S video & composite connections, I always only get the image to be B&W, strangely when I first set up the projector the S video signal from my Phillips free view box was colour but kept breaking up when I changed channel's, but now any signal via these sockets is B&W.
    What am I doing wrong?

Please help!

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    The unit that is outputting the signal through S video/composite may be set to RGB instead of S video / composite. I assume it is the freeview box, or it could be a DVD player. Go into the set up menu, select video and check the output is set to your required connection.

3. andyfel

andyfel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Oakleyspatz, my problem is using my free view box, I emailed Sharp and to my surprise they got back to me, they said as long as the proj was working in colour from the 15pin d sub, which it is then it is a source problem!

My STB is a Phillips DTR 1500 its Ok and we don't use it know coz we have a Sony IDTV, the box has x2 scart outputs

1. TV scart CVBS or S Video or RGB/fast blanking
    2. VCR (in and out) CVBS or S video audioi L/R?

In the setup menu you can swop the output from various settings RGB, PAL & S VIdeo

In my proj input selector menu via composite or s video inputs i can change the signal to be accepted to PAL, SECAM PAL 60 etc

but every combination results in a varying quality Black & white image! my concern is that when first set up this was not the case and it worked for a while!, the 15 pin d sub works fine and i've even bought a component D sub cable for my prog scan DVD player and that works brill.

Im at a loss, either its my cables, the way the proj is using the signal or I,ve knackerd the inputs?, changing the inputs isn't the easiest on the proj sometimes you can only get certain menus by going via the help menu.

Has anyone else got one of these Sharp projectors, if so help>>>>> :lease: