1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black & White display on LG PX11 from Sky+

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by midiman, Feb 10, 2005.

1. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Currently have my Sky+ going direct in to my LG PX11 via S-Video on AV4 and am getting a good picture in colour. However it is a pain having to get from AV1 to AV4 as there dosent appear to be a direct key pres so have to scroll through AV1 - AV3 first. Thought I would be smart so purchased a Scart to S-Video + 2 RCA lead so I could plug into AV1 or 2 to fix this. Problem is It only comes through in black and white. Do I have a dodgy lead or do I need to set somthing up on the TV? Had a look but couldnt see anything

PS I am using the Scart RGB out on the Sky+ to my Panasonic DMR E85 DVD Recorder which is then conncted via Component to the TV. The second AV out on the Sky+ is conncted to a Video Sender so we can watch it in other rooms. Want to utilise S-video so I dont need to keep the DVD recoreder on all the time or can do realtime dubbing from HD to DVD and still watch sky

2. braveknight

braveknight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AV1 is RGB / composite via SCART - it does not support S-Video (hence the black and white picture).

If you want to go directly to an input, the hex codes for the remote are in the manual - you just need a programmable remote (ie. Pronto, Harmony), to set it up.

3. midiman

midiman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I thought AV1 & AV2 were RGB but not AV3. The manual dosent seem to specify and all a B&W so I guess your right

Just so happens I have a Harmony 655. Just havent had time to sus it out yet