Black video in Premiere when importing, getting on my nervs, please help

W

Wilco

So... i had alot of problems with my computer when it comes to import movies and so on, and also export... :suicide:

So i downloaded the newest Divx last day since i cant get Xvid to run properly, and for once it worked good to export ( a movie that i made in Premiere with .jpg's )
So now i wanted to import an old movie in divx codec, but the preview window.. yea the window where u see the video in premiere when you are editing shows nothing, why is this? i guess that if i would export the movie it would stil be all black, this is getting on my nervs alot since i thought i solved the problems with codecs.
I just got my nvdxx110 also, so i really want to start filming and editing a.s.a.p

cHeers

:lease:

toadoftoadhall

Novice Member
premiere is really a dv editor, and is best with dv and avi files. Best to convert the divx first with something else to avi if you can. maybe Virtualdub can help.

This is from an excellent book I have, "PE2 in a snap"

toad

W

Wilco

:clap: kewl dude.. il try that, you mean raw AVI?.. that would take ages to edit with, got an idea of an good codec? .. Maybe its becaus of the new Divx codec that makes it black, got any tips of any good version?

cheers!

W

Wilco

Cmon, give me some help please! this can again mean the downfall of my video editing...:mad: :lease:

toadoftoadhall

Novice Member
can you open the movie in windows movie player, and then save as or export to windows avi?
then take the avi file into PE2

toad

W

Wilco

alraight, what do you really mean with that? encode with windows media player or? :s...

And btw, on the Adobe forum, i have got Adobe Premiere pro 7.0... is that the 1.x or 2.0 ?

Thanks alot dudes, really priciate this.:clap:

jaymac

Novice Member
Which Premiere are you using as Elements 2 is on the site Premiere pro and I think your problem would be covered by any of the versions . Join post and ask . BTW if you have elements 2 you can export as AVI in house

Top Bottom