Black USB-Lightning cable

Discussion in 'iPhone Forum' started by Lyn2012, Feb 27, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Lyn2012

Lyn2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Has anybody found a black USB-Lightning cable that actually works? I bought a white one from ebay that works perfectly (elitegamecodes), but neither of the two black ones from Bargain-Bits-Online work at all - no charging, or even recognition by my iMac as being connected. I would really like a black cable for use in my car, white looks dreadful with a black dashboard, seats, doors etc.

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    Amazon sell 'em

3. Lyn2012

Lyn2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Yes, but none of them have many good reviews - the only one with a reasonable number of reviews has very bad comments while the others have only 0-3 reviews which could easily be from friends and/or family. I'm looking for a good recommendation from a number of people who have tried and tested over at least a month. The first cable I bought lasted 2 days before failing completely, the second didn't work at all, and this is despite having +ve ebay feedback. :(

4. tausifs

tausifs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    On ebay uk , there is a seller called kung fu donkey who sells them, bundled with a USB car charger.

I got a black one for the very same reason as your need.

They were recommended to me. But the 1st one was faulty, the second one sent to me (without needing to return the 1st), works just fine. I havent tried syncing with it though.

5. Lyn2012

Lyn2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Thanks for this, unfortunately I can't find any for sale by this seller at the moment. I have checked others listed on ebay but they all seem to have at least some feedback saying the cable doesn't work - and I've already got 2 of these!

6. tausifs

tausifs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
    With cheap unofficial merchandise it's always going to be a hit and miss affair IMO.

My seller does still appear to have these, as I said its bundled with the car USB charger:

[ame="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/370730877635?redirect=mobile"]2 IN 1 CAR BLACK CHARGER FOR IPOD IPHONE 5 WITH BLACK 8 PIN SYNC USB DATA CABLE | eBay[/ame]

7. bigfish

bigfish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +36
    I've bought about 5 cables so far, most of them faulty within days, the cloned ones all have manufacturing issues with them at the moment. The ebay sellers I've used have always been great at sending replacements tho they've just reshipped me new ones with a pre paid envelope which is fair enough.

8. Lyn2012

Lyn2012

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
  9. RobM

RobM
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,168
  10. Autopilot

Autopilot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,497
    I was in the same position in my car, but wanted an official one rather than a dodgy eBay one.

Simple solution was you put some black heat shrink over the white cable, and used a heat gun I borrowed from a mate. Cost me pence and took about 3 minutes.

However there are now black cables from officially licensed companies. Of course if you have already to a white cable you want to cheaply convert heat shrink is a great option.