Black Swan - cheapest place? any exclusive instore editions?

MrKennedy

Okay guys,

Please dont flame me! I just am curious if anyone knows the cheapest place in store for the black swan, i noticed the hmv exclusive edition has sold out online but im hoping to get mine from hmv tomorrow :)

Are any of the supermarkets doing any exclusive editions? I have checked tesco and it was £18.99 with just slipcase (quite marked and dirty already it appears) i guess this is down to the finish on the card though as its quite a smooth non varnished slipcase but looks great!.

Thanks in advance

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
pre ordered the ltd edition and it arrived on friday - artcards are obviously lovely, actually better than the movie itself - well done hmv for not putting out the usual exclusive tripe.

MOD COMMENT...link showing details removed.

for anyone looking for a copy with artcards and slipcase and can't get to a store this week let me know as i will be going there tomorrow and will pick up a few copies for members.......

mrkennedy - if anyone is indeed interested is it ok for them to register their interest on this thread ??

SuperAshcroft

Is that a clear transparent blu ray case, instead of a blue one?

And have they stuck the price sticker right onto the slipcase? Ouch.

earthtomars

I'm always a little confused by comments like "the artcards are better than the movie itself". If you don't think much of the movie... why are you buying the blu-ray? I don't understand.

SuperAshcroft

yep a transparent blu case and yep the price sticker is right on the slipcase. why ouch ?? my slipcase never bled on removing.

Glad it came off OK, some stickers are designed to peel off the plastic of a DVD or Blu case, but stick like superglue to cardboard.

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
I'm always a little confused by comments like "the artcards are better than the movie itself". If you don't think much of the movie... why are you buying the blu-ray? I don't understand.

Why am I buying the blu ray ?? Because I think the international artwork is some of the best I've seen in a long while, therefore if I didn't buy the limited edition from hmv in the first few weeks I would have missed out.
Do you not think it is at all possible that love and hate can co-exist??? I've seen the film 3 times this year and still think it's a big disappointment, yet still there is plenty to admire. I hope this helps your confusion.

Mr Kennedy , sorry mate this seems to be turning into my thread.....clean up may be needed.

earthtomars

Why am I buying the blu ray ?? Because I think the international artwork is some of the best I've seen in a long while, therefore if I didn't buy the limited edition from hmv in the first few weeks I would have missed out.
Do you not think it is at all possible that love and hate can co-exist??? I've seen the film 3 times this year and still think it's a big disappointment, yet still there is plenty to admire. I hope this helps your confusion.

No need to get snarky, man. I was asking a genuine question.

I'm slowly realizing that some people on this forum are less movie fans than Blu-ray fans. I don't get it, but at least it helps to follow some of the threads here.

:thumbsup:

Water your plants

Distinguished Member
No need to get snarky, man. I was asking a genuine question.

I'm slowly realizing that some people on this forum are less movie fans than Blu-ray fans. I don't get it, but at least it helps to follow some of the threads here.

:thumbsup:

thankfully i do not fall into that category, yes i want to watch films in the best possible presentation, but its film that counts above all, i actually think we are actually lucky to be able to have such set ups in the home when i think of what i grew up with.
i know what you mean though regarding blu ray fanatics, thankfully i learnt through dvd......steelbooks, crappy slipcovers replicating crappy movie art, ltd editions to various stores ....etc - all this seems to be detract from the fact the vast majority of movies are actually very poor.
i do realize the contradictory nature of this post as i chastise yet have purchased a film i am not in love with the sake of artcards, but again i have to reiterate i do absolutely love the artwork and that seems something of a rarity these days as its usually photoshop templates covered in so called 'critics' opinions.
to me aronofsky is a an absolute genius and is possibly my favorite young american director at present. black swan is a big disappointment for me as it is a big departure from his excellent first 3 films and it also seamed like a rehash of the wrestler, worst of all it doesn't come close to matching the films that inspired it falling way short of the psycho-sexual drama it yearns it be.
sorry if my previous post offended :thumbsup: but the pure fact is that if only bought films that i loved whole heartedly than in terms of new american films i would have bought maybe 5 in the last 5 years - no country , there will be blood, into the wild, wall e and there must be one that escapes my mind.

gwyper

The case and artwork is one of the best I have. I love the clear case with that movie.

Damoxuk

That amazon one is that the triple play one? or a basic release. that image doesn't look so?

lgans316

Distinguished Member
Same question here. Does it come in the white case with the slip?

MarkusThatch

Distinguished Member
£8.99 had to be done:smashin:

Damoxuk

Ordered anyway.. now I think about I never use the DVd or digi copy anyway :)

lgans316

Distinguished Member
12.99 now

Televisionhead

Standard Member
Well it says blu-ray, DVD, Digital and shows the triple play in the picture so its quite possibly the triple play version ;)

(assuming you mean the HMV version anyway!)

The one in HMV is pretty clear. I'm interested in the Amazon one which is a bit vague and it says 1 disc in the description. Anyone ordered from them?

Damoxuk

Aye got mine yesterday and was pleasently surprised it was the sexy triple play one.:smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix (UK) for October 2022
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Starzplay streaming service rebrands as Lionsgate+
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
JVC adds Filmmaker Mode to latest D-ILA projector firmware
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins launches Px8 headphone