Black Sreen on Samsung UN65JS9000 Curved TV

ovrclocker

Novice Member
Hello, I have a Samsung UN65JS9000 that has a black screen and no backlights but has audio. I have been searching for a service manual for the TV but have not been able to find one for this model. If you unplug the connector from TCON board from the LED Driver Board the backlighting will come on. Also if you leave the connector from the TCON board to the LED Driver Board connected and disconnect one of the ribbon cables from the TCON board to the display, doesn't matter which one, the backlights will come on. I have replaced the TCON board without change. I am worried that I may have a bad display? Also I have notice that the Samsung DNIe chip on the Main Board gets very hot to the touch with the One Connect box connected, it is cool with it disconnected. Is this chip suppose to get hot or would this suggest a short? Or would ha bad display be suspect with above symptoms? Is there a way that I can confirm the display is bad? Or would another component be suspect? Any help or advice is much appreciate! If you can point me towards a service manual that would be great as well! Much Appreciated!!!!!

Attachments

• 20210708_192033.jpg
    20210708_192033.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 19

ovrclocker

Novice Member
Did you work it out ?
I have not found a fix for the TV yet. I am wondering if on this particular TV if there are failed backlights that it disables the output to the display. I am unable to see any picture with a flashlight but I may be doing it incorrectly. When I disconnect either ribbon cables going from the display to the TCON the backlighting will come on. It appears as if all the backlights are lighting but not 100 percent sure every light is lighting. This also has the one connect box, I am unsure if there will be display without the box connected or if it has failed. Any help is appreciated!

dazzacool83

Novice Member
I have just ordered the board that the ribbons plug-in to which should hopefully arrive by the weekend so I will let you know my progress

dazzacool83

Novice Member
Hi I received all three boards today I fitted the smaller board at the bottom first which did nothing so I fitted the two other boards and the TV fired up no problem Hope this helps

dazzacool83

Novice Member
Hi I received all three boards today I fitted the smaller board at the bottom first which did nothing so I fitted the two other boards and the TV fired up no problem Hope this helps
Forgot to mention I got the boards off of eBay for £40 for the set

ovrclocker

Novice Member
That is awesome! Congrats! Is your TV the same model as mine? It looks like mine has 4 boards at the bottom of the TV off the TCON board and the ribbon cables appear to be bonded. Which boards exactly did you replace? Also was there any visible damage to the boards you replaced?

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom