Black Spot (Zone Blanche) - Netflix

Robothamster

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Can't find a thread about this, but have been watching this French thriller series over the last week, really enjoying it.

There's some sublime camerawork at work, the director of photography should be commended.

Anyone else seen it? There's two seasons available, 1st from 2017 and 2nd from 2019. Worth a watch IMO.

I watched this last week, completely agree about the camera work and photography.

Overall I felt it was decent and worth a watch, but a bit predictable too. But I wasn't bored watching it, which is always a good thing.

On the same note I just finished watching The Forest which is also a French/Belgian crime TV series. I enjoyed that a lot too. Definitely worth checking out. Only one season.

I watched this last week, completely agree about the camera work and photography.

Overall I felt it was decent and worth a watch, but a bit predictable too. But I wasn't bored watching it, which is always a good thing.

On the same note I just finished watching The Forest which is also a French/Belgian crime TV series. I enjoyed that a lot too. Definitely worth checking out. Only one season.
I loved this.
Also watch ‘The Break’.
It is a brilliant Belgian series and thankfully there’s two to go at.
And don’t forget the totally unmissable ‘Bordertown’. A Finnish drama series with a mentally gifted lead.
3 seasons.
We loved it.

I loved this.
Also watch ‘The Break’.
It is a brilliant Belgian series and thankfully there’s two to go at.
And don’t forget the totally unmissable ‘Bordertown’. A Finnish drama series with a mentally gifted lead.
3 seasons.
We loved it.

Thanks, they are both on my list, currently just finishing up La Mante

Spent an hour or so the other week putting on lots of foreign crime stuff onto my list so got a lot to get through.

Thanks, they are both on my list, currently just finishing up La Mante

Spent an hour or so the other week putting on lots of foreign crime stuff onto my list so got a lot to get through.
La mante is really rather excellent .
Also check out Le Chalet
The frozen dead
Into the night

La mante is really rather excellent .
Also check out Le Chalet
The frozen dead
Into the night

I just finished La Mante. I called who the killer was few episodes earlier, which I rarely do. But overall I enjoyed it, tho didn't really like the son, he annoyed me.

And there was some weird plot holes too, like when they said the
Mantis killed the little girls dad 40 years ago, that would make the copycat killer 50

Will start a new series later, not sure which yet.

Last edited:
I just finished La Mante. I called who the killer was few episodes earlier, which I rarely do. But overall I enjoyed it, tho didn't really like the son, he annoyed me.

And there was some weird plot holes too, like when they said the
Mantis killed the little girls dad 40 years ago, that would make the copycat killer 50

Will start a new series later, not sure which yet.
Bordertown is probably my favourite Netflix series. It's so good.

I will watch that next then and report back with my findings.
Kari Sorjonen.... What a superb character. Apparently there's a film coming.
To the lake is pretty good too, first episode isn't great but improves greatly as it settles into a pretty decent little series.

Bordertown is probably my favourite Netflix series. It's so good.

Three seasons at an hour each episode and 11 episodes might take me a while though :D

Are the seasons connected or standalones?

Three seasons at an hour each episode and 11 episodes might take me a while though :D

Are the seasons connected or standalones?
Connected. We got through it in a couple of months, and watched 4 eps in a day one Sunday

Black spot was nice, sometimes a bit slow.
Border town had great characters, but I found the stories a bit dull.

To the Lake is brilliant, my fave series of last year.some hilarious characters.

Border town had great characters, but I found the stories a bit dull.
I am on episode 4 but so far I agree, isn't gripping me at all. Feels a bit of slog so far.

The Valhalla Murders was the last foreign series I started to watch, but I couldn't get into it, some of the others on here mentioned already like The break, Le Chalet, Black Spot were excellent.
Wish they renewed Black Spot.

The Valhalla Murders was the last foreign series I started to watch, but I couldn't get into it, some of the others on here mentioned already like The break, Le Chalet, Black Spot were excellent.
Wish they renewed Black Spot.

I've actually just started VM, put Bordertown on back foot for a bit but will go back to it, just hasn't gripped me at all so far.

I am on episode 3 of VM and am enjoying it so far, I think it's good but nothing more then that, but only one season so will finish it.

I‘m 2 episodes in and enjoying To the Lake, thanks to those who mentioned that.

I watched it a few months back;
Can't find a thread about this, but have been watching this French thriller series over the last week, really enjoying it.

There's some sublime camerawork at work, the director of photography should be commended.

Anyone else seen it? There's two seasons available, 1st from 2017 and 2nd from 2019. Worth a watch IMO.
Really enjoyed it. Currently, I'm watching Public Enemy, which also takes place in the Ardennes region...and it mentions Cerunnos. Does anyone know if there's a connection between these two series?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom