1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black Screens when Playing back QT or AVI

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by molar, Aug 19, 2003.

1. molar

molar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I wonder if any of you guys (and gals) have had this problem, or if you can assist.

I am having great problems when playing back an animation (QT or AVI) when using a Projector (several actually). We have used different laptops and we still get the same problem.

When the QT or AVI animation is projected on the wall/screen you can see the chrome of the player, however the contents of the player has a black screen displayed. The slider moves along to show that the computer has not crashed. However the strangeness appears when you look at the laptop. It appears and is playing back on the laptop.

Is there any setting I am missing or frame rates for the animation I should be considering (using 15fps- architectural flythroughs).

TIA

Molar

2. pinkerton

pinkerton

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    This is something to do with the overlay (most video is displayed via this, including DVD), should be a setting in the graphics driver software to either make the output to the projector the default or to alter which output displays the overlay.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yep, sounds like the laptop screen is still deemed the "primary" display/adapter & hence takes charge of the overlay.

Try to disable the on-board screen/designate the PJ as master/primary display.

More information to be found by a search in HCPCs which is where this thread is going.......

Moved...

4. molar

molar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks very much for this Guys. Much appreciated.

Kramer Sorry for posting in the wrong Forum. I did the research into the video overlay and it is exactly as you both mentioned correctly.

Thanks again.

Molar