1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black screen when using DVI / Scart - Please help.

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Zarco, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Zarco

Zarco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay i'm feed up!

I've installed MCE and it works just fine when i hook up my Dell screen on my DVI. But when I plug in my DVI / Scart cable between my HTPC and my TV all I get is black screen. I've tryed on my laptop too with the same result.

I've tried working with powerstrip, but no matter what I do I don't get any reaction on the TV. I'm using VNC to connect to the HTPC.

Can anybody help me on how to connect my HTPC to my TV via the DVI / Scart on my Radeon 9250?

Regards

Zarco

2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Where did you get a DVI/Scart? DVI (if it's "proper" DVI) is digital and won't work into an analogue scart socket.

If it's wired to the analogue pins on the DVI output, you will need the special Powerstrip settings used in the VGA/Scart thread.

Dave

3. Zarco

Zarco

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Okay my mistake. I'm using a vga / scart with an adapter for the DVI on my videocard.

I have tried using the settings for powerstrip but i can't get any reaction out of my tv. I thinking that maybe i overlooked some basic setup settings. The HTPC has been used with another tv. Can it be some old settings that i have to remove before this is working?

Regards
    Zarco

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I assume you are using an ATI card?

Dave

5. Zarco

Zarco