Black Sails Series 1-4 (Blu Ray) UK vs US

marcaaron22

Hi, I have recently been recommended watching the Series, Black Sails, I have not seen any of the series yet.
As I was about to order the complete series 1-4 Blu ray set, I read that the UK version is only 5.1 surround and not 7.1, that was bad enough, then also read that extra features are virtually none existent compared to the US versions, So I immediately halted my order.

I am now stuck on what to do as I only have a player that plays region B and region free Blu Ray discs.

Are any of the US discs of this series, either the complete US set or the individual series region free?

Thanks,

marcaaron22

So there is no other option other than buying the UK release?

Indiana Jones

So there is no other option other than buying the UK release?
It's the series that is great, concentrate on that and you will be fine.

marcaaron22

marcaaron22

It’s on its way, should get it tomorrow or Saturday.
A nice bottle of dark rum will go down well while watching it..

marcaaron22

Received the boxset today, think I’ll go and get myself a good bottle of dark rum and have a glass or two and make a start watching it tonight..

mole

Reading this thread and now I am going re-watch my bluray set again now. It's bloody fantastic!

marcaaron22

I was busy over the weekend, managed to make a start watching it last night, only two episodes in, enjoying it..

The latest video from AVForums

Paramount + UK launch: Halo, Star Trek and Beavis, and all the latest 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom