Black Panther: Wakanda Forever 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Cheers Cas. Not one I'll be adding to the collection, I honestly can't see me ever having the enthusiasm for repeat viewings. I think most sadly have this as lower tier Marvel fayre.

Cheers Cas. Not one I'll be adding to the collection, I honestly can't see me ever having the enthusiasm for repeat viewings. I think most sadly have this as lower tier Marvel fayre.
Nor me ;)

This was just like The Eternals, a complete snore fest. Even if they cut one hour out of it, it would still be boring.
Two films in one year with blue people riding whales, what’s the chances.

Not for me. This and the second Dr Strange movie are the biggest Marvel bores in my eyes of the last 15 years.
Complete garbage imho. Boring...... what the whole trip to the Mayan community was about other than a filler is beyond me

might watch it (then I might not lol) on IMAX enhanced Apple TV just for the eye and ear candy

Can't believe they had to include Emmet Ross again. Just a diversity-inclusion-box-ticking-wokeness exercise
Not as much as Martin Freeman, going by all the junkets he had to sit smiling through.

You get some sucky jobs sometime Cas. This film was absolute junk.

Didn't manage to finish watching it, got about half way through zzzzz
Same thing happened to me. I really wanted to enjoy this on Disney+ but gave up halfway through. Not even bothered about finishing it off. First Marvel film I haven't seen all the way through.

Somewhat surprised at the hate for this film. I saw it in the cinema, and at the time thought the running length could definitely have been trimmed. I thought Namor was a decent villain, and how they handled the death of T'Challa/Boseman was well done. Yes the finale was daft from a strategic POV but I thought it was a fairly entertaining movie and one of the better ones in the poor phase 4. Way better than Thor or Black widow anyway.

Last edited:
I thought it was ok and yes there is good and bad bits to it but sometimes there are things in a film thrown in for some bizarre reason. This isn't a spoiler but really wound me up:

"open the forcefield", "now grab a mop, there's water everywhere and I'm soaked!"

Whoever thought that's how a technologically advanced civilization would do it and green lit it from the film must have a head trauma.

Terrible film. Even my 9 year old daughter thought it was stupid. After sitting through this and all the other sub-par marvel phase whatever-it-is-now movies I decided it was time to introduce the kids to Nolan's Batman trilogy. It was telling that I had to reassure them them they aren't like marvel superhero films to get them to agree to watching them.

The MCU has definitely run its course at this point.

There were a couple of highlights post End Game (Wandavision especially) but they should have just ended it at End Game and be done with it for a decade or so.

cant say i hated it but it is just another bang average movie from marvel studios. they need a major return to form very soon but i just dont see it happening.

i now need reason to go see/buy a new Marvel product instead of a very good reason not to go see
/ buy. that started with the eternals for me in full but the rot had set in before that turd.

you can blame the constant pushing of "the message" and i agree that is an issue but not the issue.

apart from Tom Holland's spidey (i know thats really Sony's work) what other character is left that will get you to the cinema? the big problem is that they have no idea how to replace the stars/characters that made Marvel studios that they have killed off or pissed off (thats you Mr Waititi).

I am looking forward to Guardians 3 a lot but to compound the problem thats the last we see of that lot too.

Disney are really annoying with this. They gimp the blu-ray visually but I don't think streaming can ever catch up to the lossless audio track on a disc. So, it's the worst of both worlds.

I used to count on these Marvel movies to put on a good show on my rig so this really pisses me off.

The movie itself sounds awful but I will rent and see for myself.

Disney are really annoying with this. They gimp the blu-ray visually but I don't think streaming can ever catch up to the lossless audio track on a disc. So, it's the worst of both worlds.
I agree entirely on this point but suspect as we increase web speeds then the gap will continue to close on image and sound but that is still some way off.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom