Black Panther 2 (Delayed to 8th July 2022)

Vila

But he certainly made his mark

T'challa did make his mark, its obvious how well received the character was.

No need to get rid of the character after such a brief presence when a suitable recast can continue his story to at least the same degree the other characters have earned.

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Boseman's shoes are very big to fill, but I can only see a straight recast for moving things forward. Disney have already said there won't be using cg to recreate him, hate the idea of him being killed off between films, and I think Leticia Wright taking up the mantle after one solo film feels too forced imo. Whatever they decide, Disney will get a fair bit of stick for this, so it'll be I interesting as to how this pans out..

Last edited:

richp007

Distinguished Member
Recasting is still not my preferred option. I think it will be incredibly difficult for someone to step into the shoes. And then the inevitable comparisons may overshadow the film somewhat.

Gave more thoughts anyway on the previous page and what I think should happen. Doubtful my mind will change on this one.

krish

Distinguished Member
^^
Marvel Studios' president Kevin Feige confirmed Chadwick Boseman's Marvel character, T'Challa, will not be recast in the upcoming "Black Panther 2" during Disney's investor day presentation Thursday.

"Chadwick Bosmean was an immensely talented actor and an inspirational individual who affected all of our lives professionally and personally," Feige said.

"His portrayal of T'Challa [and] the Black Panther is iconic and transcends any iteration of the character in any other medium from Marvel's past. And it is for that reason that we will not recast the character," Feige added.

richp007

Distinguished Member
As I thought it would be. Right decision and well done Feige and co for honouring Boseman and the character.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Eo60_-2VQAARqaA.jpg

Drax1

Distinguished Member
Previously rumoured, sounds like happening...

RUMOR MILL: BLACK PANTHER 2 Will Introduce The Marvel Cinematic Universe's Version Of Doctor Doom

mazon27091

The movie could start with T'Challa's funeral (attended by the living Avengers) which could be rudely interrupted by (insert villain) thereby hastening the choosing of the next Black Panther who would be way out of her/his depth. This would also allow any of the Avengers to participate in the defeat of the villain.

mazon27091

If they aren't replacing him with a new actor or CGI-ing him, surely they only have one option left. Although they could show the past Black Panthers pre-T'Challa. That could be a way.

I hope they stay away from time-travel and the multiverse. They'll seem overdone by the time Black Panther 2 comes out.

Buckster666

They should recast, there too many important stories lines to pull from that now won't be given their full justice. Panther's rivalry with Namor, his marriage to Storm, becoming the guardian of hell kitchen, and many more.

Zombie Twin

They should recast, there too many important stories lines to pull from that now won't be given their full justice. Panther's rivalry with Namor, his marriage to Storm, becoming the guardian of hell kitchen, and many more.

Aren't the rights to Namor wrapped in impossible legal limbo?

Drax1

Distinguished Member
^Didnt they already confirm they wouldn’t be killing him off !?
Marvel did a while ago. I think that might change though given they announced recasting isn't happening or a cg redo of any kind. I remember seeing some online chatter about
Boseman dying off screen from something cancer related at the beginning. Seems like their only option really...

Garrett

Cant see this, but the rumours keep coming...

I rather have seen
Klaw return but they not developed his powers enough to return him from a definite death.
and in the link I suppose its in honour of of Chadwick but as a long time reader of the character T'Challa is The Black Panther as Clark Kent Superman.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom