• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

black or white

sem1604

Banned
i have an option on two ps3's this week and not sure which to go for, i can either have a ceramic white ps3 (from Hong Kong originally) or a black UK spec ps3 both models 40gb versions. Not sure which to go for, will be getting some bluray discs though so would it be best to stick with the UK model or get the HK version and import movies cheaper from the states.

this will be my first ps3 so sorry for coming across as a total noob (which i am).

Jay

Banned
Alrite billy, go for the black it'll match your tv better.

The whole ipod white thing is dead :D

sem1604

Banned
cheers Jay didnt recognise you there without the gamertag showing forgot im an imposter here, fancied the white as i see lots of black ones, wont show up the dust as much either.

Jay

Banned
cheers Jay didnt recognise you there without the gamertag showing forgot im an imposter here, fancied the white as i see lots of black ones, wont show up the dust as much either.

The white one looks really nice, I've seen one with the white dualshock in person and it looks nicer than the black one.

I chose black and even a black xbox because I like everything matching.

Are you picking up a ps3 for gaming or films?

sem1604

Banned
more than likely gaming, probably for Wipeout, Ferrari and other exclusive's, will stick with my 360 for cross platform games. have a psp slim so streaming will be used and may pickup playtv thingy if it ever gets released.

sem1604

Banned
Well i plumped for a Silver to compromise - anyway I've not got any games as yet, so was wondering what demos are available online to give me a taster, ive got a 360 so only interested in exclusives.

ruffage

Distinguished Member
White will show the handjam more.

On a side note, I hear white cars are going to make a comeback. You heard it here first. :smashin:

sem1604

Banned
White will show the handjam more.

On a side note, I hear white cars are going to make a comeback. You heard it here first. :smashin:

I think your right about the cars, white is this years black.

Zeromajor

saw an audi rs4 in white with black alloys this weekend, looked the absolute business - had to stop to pick my jaw up from the floor.

I'm all for this '70's white' car revival :thumbsup:

sem1604

Banned
Lots of white fiat's round our way.

anyway back to topic - anyone know what ps3 excusive demos i can play tonight, just want to get exited in advance.:thumbsup:

Zeromajor

haze
the bourne conspiracy
[-]metal gear online beta[/-]

er...

that's about it! Quite a lot of demos of the psn-exclusive titles up, most of the stuff these days is multi-format so you might have already played the demos on the 360.

dhali2105

id love to swap my black one for a white one.
you got any pictures of your silver one. interested to know what it looks like and if it looks better than white
thanks

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom