Black ops tip of the day!

erniebert1

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been out for a few weeks now so with the success of "MW2 Tips of the day" I thought I would start on Black Ops. Everybody feel free to add their tip below.

People might know this already but my first tip is as follows.

If you are playing a game and there is an enemy spy plane & an enemy couter spy plane in the sky theres one easy way of working out which one is which.

All spy planes fly clockwise round the map.
All counter spy planes fly anti-clockwise round the map.

Hope it helps :)

Just mine which I posted in the RC Cars thread.

If you use the left bumper button it gives the RC-XD a turbo boost, you only get one per car though. Left trigger acts as a handbrake for some Fast and Furious style drifting!

I only learned this at the end of Mw2s life but apparently has existed since domination has. When you are losing/capping a flag. The triangles above each flag, visible on your screen at all times, glow/flash. So if you dont get the audio notification yet notice the glowing. Chuck a grenade :D
Apologies if it was only me who didn't know this until recently :)

I only learned this at the end of Mw2s life but apparently has existed since domination has. When you are losing/capping a flag. The triangles above each flag, visible on your screen at all times, glow/flash. So if you dont get the audio notification yet notice the glowing. Chuck a grenade :D

Didnt know that but then again I hardly play domination. :D

Might have to try it out though!

I remember being in the game when you found out

noob :D:laugh:

My tip -
Lock up your kids because I'll be back online TODAYYYY!!!!!:D:devil:

Ok, a real tip, before you prestige, buy as many playercard emblems layers and icons as you can, as you lose all cash, but not icons etc.

Pressing RT as soon as you call in your RCXD temporarily increases it's damage, handy if you know the enemy team is nearby :thumbsup:.

Never equip Valkarie Rockets as a Killstreak

Make sure you're well hidden while using an RC-XD (Otherwise you'll appear in several Droppin' Crates montages :D)

When playing against Dan, always start shooting the floor in front of him and he will generously lie down and put his head in front of your bullets. :thumbsup:

My tip -
Lock up your kids because I'll be back online TODAYYYY!!!!!:D:devil:

Ok, a real tip, before you prestige, buy as many playercard emblems layers and icons as you can, as you lose all cash, but not icons etc.

Didn't know this thanks now i need to prestige one day:thumbsup:

Understand claymores are a double-edged weapon when camping up, if the enemy has hacker, he will see your claymore, and by extension, he will see you.

Understand claymores are a double-edged weapon when camping up, if the enemy has hacker, he will see your claymore, and by extension, he will see you.

Not stick of celery, I never hang about near my claymores. I always leave them somewhere sneaky then bugger off to get my own kills. I cba with sitting around waiting for someone to set the claymore off as chances are they`ll be back shortly for some revenge. I know I always go for revenge when someone takes me out.

I like one little touch I saw on here last week:

If you only play multiplayer, you can go into the MP options and set it to launch the game straight into Multiplayer from starting the disc (by-passes the title and campaign/multiplayer/zombies screens)

Only a little one but good

If you want to play and win objective games like Domination and Demolition, but dont want to risk your K/D too much playing the objective, then party up with Mudstuff :p;)

Jamie

When sniping - wrapping a rubber band around the left trigger will allow you to go and make a cup of tea while you wait for your scope to stablise.

The CZ<Pistol Thingy> does less damage per bullet AND fires slower with the full auto attachment.

If you want to play and win objective games like Domination and Demolition, but dont want to risk your K/D too much playing the objective, then party up with Mudstuff :p;)

Jamie
LOL, if you want to die a lot while someone else camps and racks up streaks, play with Jamie :p

A real tip....

attach the rapid fire and grip attachments to the ak74u :cool:

(use with Scavenger, Warlord and Marathon)

Jamie

I like one little touch I saw on here last week:

If you only play multiplayer, you can go into the MP options and set it to launch the game straight into Multiplayer from starting the disc (by-passes the title and campaign/multiplayer/zombies screens)

Only a little one but good
I've set this option many times and it never does it...

If you're reloading and someone rounds the corner you can double tap Y to get your gun back in position to fire (assuming you weren't empty on bullets).

If you're running with the flag in Capture the Flag and you have to run through a heavy traffic area and guys have their sights on you, jump as you run so they won't get headshots on you.

Sam Turret is one of the best KS you can have on when playing objective games.

Also, when you're reloading you can do the reload cancel after the bullets on your HUD refresh. There is typically a significant amount of wasted animation time at the end when reloading.

Last edited:
My tip: use an assault rifle on Nuketown, stay cool and wait for the SMG runners. SMG running on Nuketown = dying lots. Assault rifle on Nuketown = better killstreak rewards :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom