Black Ops - migrating hosts = game lobby closed problem

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I can join a game fine and it plays fine, but every time the game finishes I get the black loading screen hang for a good 40 seconds before going back to the lobby (as it's always around 20 seconds left before the new game starts). Then when I do get in there the timer counts down to 0, it migrates hosts, then comes up lobby closed. Also my mic seems to stop working after every game as when I get in the lobby the mic icon disappears :mad:

The internet connection seems fine as I played Modern Warfare 1 & 2 for a good couple of hours this morning without a single problem.. it just seems to be Black Ops :(

Last edited:
Still getting the same problem :(

I have deleted the update/map pack files, deleted my player profile, and we even changed ISP from Sky to Virgin a couple of days ago and it still does it after every game :confused:

What a helpful bunch of chaps they are here :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Might be helpfull if you could give details of your ISP, Router type and connection:smashin:

Might be helpfull if you could give details of your ISP, Router type and connection:smashin:

When i started the thread, I was with Sky, Sagem router, wireless connection.

I now have Virgin, Netgear Virgin Media Hub, and a wireless connection.

Tbh, it seems like the game is glitching as the internet connection is fairly stable, it just takes longer to load the multiplayer element and longer coming out of a game :confused:

Is your PS3 in DMZ?

What's your NAT type?

Is the disc free from scratches?

I also imagine the reason no one has posted is because this problem is a new one and no one knows. Not that the community isn't helpful.

Is your PS3 in DMZ?

What's your NAT type?

Is the disc free from scratches?

I also imagine the reason no one has posted is because this problem is a new one and no one knows. Not that the community isn't helpful.

Hi, no the PS3 isn't in DMZ (I had to look that up) :D

NAT type is 2 and on Black Ops displays as OPEN

Disk is immaculate :(

I don't doubt the helpfulness, and discovering problems first seems to be my forte :rolleyes:

Hi, no the PS3 isn't in DMZ (I had to look that up) :D

NAT type is 2 and on Black Ops displays as OPEN

Disk is immaculate :(

I don't doubt the helpfulness, and discovering problems first seems to be my forte :rolleyes:

NAT 2 is the sweet one so no probs there. Disc sorted so no probs there.

Kind of sounds like your connection is timing out. Is upnp or something like that on in the router settings?

Is it wired or on wireless?

Try the opposites to above.

If they don't work try putting into DMZ and if that don't work then that's me stumped.

NAT 2 is the sweet one so no probs there. Disc sorted so no probs there.

Kind of sounds like your connection is timing out. Is upnp or something like that on in the router settings?

Is it wired or on wireless?

Try the opposites to above.

If they don't work try putting into DMZ and if that don't work then that's me stumped.

I connect via wireless but I also played COD4 (Modern Warfare 1) for about 10 games continuous without a single glitch yesterday so my finger keeps pointing back to Black Ops :(

Try it wired mate. Each COD has had its own connection problems so what works on one may hinder another.

Just look at how people are actually killing there connections to play MW3 for example.

Try it wired mate. Each COD has had its own connection problems so what works on one may hinder another.

Just look at how people are actually killing there connections to play MW3 for example.

I just tried playing it in the other PS3 that doesn't really get used much, so after updating the system and updating Black Ops, I tried a quick game. It loaded up quicker and when the game finished it went back to the lobby within seconds, but then came up game lobby closed.

So, I took it back to my main PS3 and oddly I played two games back to back without it closing the lobby, it also loaded quicker and went back to lobby instantly :confused:

Gonna try again in a minute to see if I can play some more without it closing but all I have done is put my BO disk into another PS3 so far, so I don't see why my main PS3 has suddenly started working as I couldn't string two games together for the last 5 days of playing :confused:

Last edited:
If it's happening everygame it's probably something happening treyarch/virgin media side causing problems.

I'll have my breakfast and jump on the ps3 , I've not tried blops on the ps3 yet so will be a fresh install and I'm on virgin.

I'll get back to you with my findings mate I also play over wireless and not had problems with mw2 or mw3

Last edited:
If it's happening everygame it's probably something happening treyarch/virgin media side causing problems.

I'll have my breakfast and jump on the ps3 , I've not tried blops on the ps3 yet so will be a fresh install and I'm on virgin.

I'll get back to you with my findings mate I also play over wireless and not had problems with mw2 or mw3

Thanks, I had the same problem when using Sky ISP though :(

Might be wifi signal strength then , do you have a cordless home phone if so try changing channels.

My wifi is pretty solid but sometimes get the odd slowdown

Might be wifi signal strength then , do you have a cordless home phone if so try changing channels.

My wifi is pretty solid but sometimes get the odd slowdown

Well I don't know what I have done apart from putting my BO disk into another PS3 and playing one game, but my main PS3 has just let me play 7 games of SND on Black Ops and it didn't happen at all which is confusing to say the least :confused:

But it's odd how every game I played beforehand closed the lobby after each match, we even tried private matches and it did something similar on those. But as of now the problem seems to be sorted :)

Just played 5 games of domination , ran smoothly each game and won all 5 with top score.

I might return to this when I've reached 10 prestige in mw3

I'm going back on in a bit, hopefully it will be ok from now on.

If the problem has gone away, this has just saved me £30 as if the problem persisted I was going to buy MW3 as a replacement, but tbh and after borrowing it for a week I still prefer MW1 as it's more strategic and certainly more competitive :smashin:

What a helpful bunch of chaps they are here :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Was going to reply this morning before work but no time :smashin:

I've got exactly the same problems as you. Turn it on sometimes it loads straight away, other times it hangs for a couple of minutes. Joining games is usually fine but at the end of games it chucks me back to the black ops loading screen then back into the lobby, migrates the host then dumps me back into a lobby on my own. Next time I go to play it may work perfectly. It really is hit and miss. Happening the same to a couple of my mates as well so it's not just us. Haven't changed any settings or any part of my setup and every other game is fine.

Was going to reply this morning before work but no time :smashin:

I've got exactly the same problems as you. Turn it on sometimes it loads straight away, other times it hangs for a couple of minutes. Joining games is usually fine but at the end of games it chucks me back to the black ops loading screen then back into the lobby, migrates the host then dumps me back into a lobby on my own. Next time I go to play it may work perfectly. It really is hit and miss. Happening the same to a couple of my mates as well so it's not just us. Haven't changed any settings or any part of my setup and every other game is fine.

Sounds exactly the same :(

Well I don't know what I have done or even why what I did should make any difference, but since playing the disk in another PS3 I can't get mine to go wrong now, I have played about 10 or 12 games of SND since this morning and after each game finishes I go back into the lobby within a few seconds and the following game loads fine :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom