Black Ops Map Packs Question...

Phill_1981

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have both the Black Ops map packs on my xbox live username, if I log into my sons xbox and download them there will they be available under his gamertag or are they linked to the gamertag they were purchased on?

:thumbsup:

Pretty sure they're locked to your individual console and not gamertags.

Have you tried changing HD's?

You'll have to buy them on each console I'm afraid.

WOW. Hold ya horses.

What you should have done Phil:

Logged into your second xbox (your sons one) with your gamertag. Purchased and downloaded the maps.

Then, logged out of your second xbox and logged into your main one. Downloaded the maps again.

Then play. Simple as.

Buy it on your sons xbox (then everyone on that console can use them as the license is there, the license is also connected to your gamertag, so anywhere else you download them whilst your signed in there, they should work) then re-download them on your main xbox.

To note. I have not tried this with the Blops maps but it's worked with everything else I've had when I've done it :thumbsup:

Edit*

TUT. God damn Iain, you stole it.

Ha.

As Mike said, you could give your xbox to your son and download the contents on to your new (your sons previous) xbox.

As Mike said, you could give your xbox to your son and download the contents on to your new (your sons previous) xbox.

Good idea.

Not sure he'd wanna do that with his games saves being on his box, plus it maybe slim-elite-core or whatever. Cool if it aint though and at least he knows in future :thumbsup:

Good idea.

Not sure he'd wanna do that with his games saves being on his box, plus it maybe slim-elite-core or whatever. Cool if it aint though and at least he knows in future :thumbsup:

Aye it's either that or buying it again.

Aye it's either that or buying it again.

So once you've purchased and downloaded it the first time, that xbox has the license?

So you couldn't delete the maps and re-download on the 2nd xbox and then your original?

I have my gamertag on USB, but maps on the Harddrive

So once you've purchased and downloaded it the first time, that xbox has the license?

Yes :)

So you couldn't delete the maps and re-download on the 2nd xbox and then your original?

I'm not really getting your gist there Mike. If I am, then the answer is no.

Always buy on your secondary Xbox first. Then the one you use for live, just re-download them.

You have to be connected to live if your playing something you've bought on Xbox (but not on that one, if you know what I mean).

I'm not really getting your gist there Mike. If I am, then the answer is no.

Always buy on your secondary Xbox first. Then the one you use for live, just re-download them.

You have to be connected to live if your playing something you've bought on Xbox (but not on that one, if you know what I mean).

I know you can redownload the content, wasn't sure if the license was included in that...

ie Delete off Xbox A, Download to Xbox B, Re-Download to Xbox A

You can transfer licenses via Xbox Live, wondering if I transfer the Licenses to Xbox B then re-download to xbox A whether this would be the workaround I need seeing as I did it wrong the first time.....:facepalm:

I know you can redownload the content, wasn't sure if the license was included in that...

ie Delete off Xbox A, Download to Xbox B, Re-Download to Xbox A

You can transfer licenses via Xbox Live, wondering if I transfer the Licenses to Xbox B then re-download to xbox A whether this would be the workaround I need seeing as I did it wrong the first time.....:facepalm:

Nah you can't delete it from one and then put it on another.

What I don't do is, use the license transfer tool on my 'other' xbox every 12 months and redownload the content just so I've got it there aswell ;)

PM me if ya want more info on that Mike.

Nah you can't delete it from one and then put it on another.

What I don't do is, use the license transfer tool on my 'other' xbox every 12 months and redownload the content just so I've got it there aswell ;)

PM me if ya want more info on that Mike.

Cheers for the offer, but think I'm sorted now :cool:

Managed to Transfer the licenses last night and download the content (took forever :rolleyes:) and now the wife can play the new maps :thumbsup:

Tempted to take the maps out for this weekend though as its very campy and all the n00bs will be on :D

Cheers for the offer, but think I'm sorted now :cool:

Managed to Transfer the licenses last night and download the content (took forever :rolleyes:) and now the wife can play the new maps :thumbsup:

Sweet. You got it then.

Remember it can only be done once every 12 months :thumbsup:

Sweet. You got it then.

Remember it can only be done once every 12 months :thumbsup:

Yep, cheers for the help :smashin:

Will be downloading everything to the 2nd xbox from now on so shouldn't be a problem.

During the process I'm sure it said every 4 months at one point then 12 months at another....:confused:

You going to be on with akamikepriester this weekend?

Yep, cheers for the help :smashin:

Will be downloading everything to the 2nd xbox from now on so shouldn't be a problem.

During the process I'm sure it said every 4 months at one point then 12 months at another....:confused:

You going to be on with akamikepriester this weekend?

My 2nd Xbox is now at my mates ;)

Every 4 months, I'll have to check that out.

Not on that tag again until I get a month's live. But I may try and start another tag :)

My 2nd Xbox is now at my mates ;)

Every 4 months, I'll have to check that out.

Not on that tag again until I get a month's live. But I may try and start another tag :)

Ahh Nice One ;)

Going to get the Wife to improve my Zombies Lvl Rank on my account while I prestige with her account during double XP, everyone's a winner :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom