Black Ops - Map Discussion

Det

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Post anything related to the maps here, love it/hate it/fondle yourself to it/etc.

This is in an effort to stop spam before it starts :smashin: (or gets worse)

Ok Det, I'll start the ball rolling.............

I can't think of a single map that makes me think, oh no, not that one etc etc althought I'm getting a little tired of Nuketown as it's always chosen when it comes up.

My only moan about the maps so far is that the map rotation is cr@p. Had Nuketown 3 times in a row :eek: We're suppose to have 14 maps and only get about 3 or 4 all night :thumbsdow

Overall, I think the maps are decent, plenty of places to kill and be killed and we've only had the game just over a week :rolleyes:

Ok what's everyones top/bottom 3 maps?
Here's mine!

Top:

Firing range
Summit
Launch

Bottom:

Hanoi
Radiation
Nuketown

Top 3 were mainly chosen due to the map layouts and I seem to get the best scores when I'm playing them. Gotta love jumping into the ski lift on summit and getting some sneaky kills!

As for bottom 3 well I just find Hanoi a boring map and uninspiring. It does have a nice shortcut for the RC-XD though. I think radiation is ok but I always do awful on it so that's why it's disliked! :)
As for nuketown well its just a spam fest and only really any use to try out some different weapons.

I play em all, but dislike Jungle the most.

Not too fussed on Array either.

Mind you, im only lvl 40, so still getting used to the maps, probs like Summit, Grid, Firing Range, Havana the most.

I can't think of a single map that makes me think, oh no, not that one etc etc althought I'm getting a little tired of Nuketown as it's always chosen when it comes up.

My only moan about the maps so far is that the map rotation is cr@p. Had Nuketown 3 times in a row :eek: We're suppose to have 14 maps and only get about 3 or 4 all night :thumbsdow

Overall, I think the maps are decent, plenty of places to kill and be killed and we've only had the game just over a week :rolleyes:

+1

Maps have been ok for me for the most part, just map rotaion sucks ass.

Well I'll give a small summary of what i think of each

Array - probably the least liked map cause I get killed on this map alot by the most BS means compared to any other map but it's still decent.

Cracked - I like this one alot, good action map with lots of places to hide and so forth. Oddly the map I end up diving the most on.

Crisis - An ok I guess, not to fond of the beach area tho, alot of bs spawning goes on around that area.

Firing Range - good small map with plenty of action going on.

Grid - quite like this map but there is areas with some BS spawning going on.

Hanoi - I like this map. Thats about it I guess.

Havana - This one I really like, it reminds me of Crossfire from COD4, little bigger but very good map all around.

Jungle - Another Ok map, quite easy to camp some areas tho.

Launch - A good map I like alot, pretty frantic action altho at times some bad spawning.

Nuketown
- well what can I say, it's decent if it weren't for the fact it's picked all the time and with the amount of nade spamming going on-_-

Radiation
- A not bad map, can be a bitch of a map for HQ or Demo tho.

Summit - Same as Launch.

Villa
- First map I ever played and a real fav, very good map for any game mode.

WMD - Again another Ok map that gets the bad spawning treatment.

My top 3
Firing range
Summit
Cracked

Bottom 3.
hanoi
Villa
Nuke town.only because its the most common map,otherwise is good.

I think the maps are better overall than MW2. Aren't any that I feel the need to skip just yet.

Favs:

Summit
Crisis
Nuketown - silly, but fun in a 'Shipment' kinda way

Favs for me:

Summit
Array
Jungle

The only one I dislike is nuketown. And for the same reason as most... its overplayed.

After a week on the game i played 'grid' for the 1st time yesterday. Campfest.

Like all of them with the exception of Array and Jungle, but it took me a while to get into Afghan and Wasteland on MW2.

Firing Range and Summit on CTF are class, and FFA on Nuketown is hilarious

My only moan about the maps so far is that the map rotation is cr@p. Had Nuketown 3 times in a row :eek: We're suppose to have 14 maps and only get about 3 or 4 all night :thumbsdowOverall, I think the maps are decent, plenty of places to kill and be killed and we've only had the game just over a week :rolleyes:

Is this down to the morons who keep voting for the previous map? annoying when you get in a half decent lobby only to find them voting for the previous map and then find you have to leave due to this

I like Nuketown, I also like Shipment, Dome and Rust :laugh:

Most maps are pretty good, but the spawns are what fail it, according to JD's tweet, the team are looking into it :smashin:

Although the maps are pretty good, some can be a bit harder to play because of the muddy textures and low resolution.

Overall I think the maps are ok, although I seem to do far far better on some than others.

Top 3:
Cracked - great map with lots of levels, corridors etc
Launch - quite fast paced with lots of different areas and seem to do well usually on it
Havana - a new fav of mine. Lots of rooms and places to sneak about

Bottom 3:
Crisis - can't stand this map. The beach area is a camp fest most of the time and I always do rubbish
Hanoi - very dark and spawning is useless
Array - again, always seem to do badly on this map

Don't really mind Nuketown and have had some really good games on it, and haven't noticed too much nade spamming to be honest. Quite like Firing Range too.

Array, WMD and Cracked are my favourites.

Firing Range does my nut, the spawing is awful on the map and i never do well on it.

Is this down to the morons who keep voting for the previous map? annoying when you get in a half decent lobby only to find them voting for the previous map and then find you have to leave due to this

Yeh it is - morons :rotfl:

Array, WMD and Cracked are my favourites.

You've pretty much listed my worse maps! :D Although Cracked is ok and would replace that with the one that has the big metal door that can be opened and closed (cant remember its name now).

As for 3 favourites, really like Havana even though it seems to have some framerate issues all of its own as it will jump a bit even when nothing else is. Summit and firing range are probably my others. All though it does depend on what game type is being played.

My top 3
Firing range
Summit
Cracked

Bottom 3.
hanoi
Villa
Nuke town.only because its the most common map,otherwise is good.

I've played Nuke Town 3 times in 200+ games!

My favourites are Array, WMD and Firing Range. I have enjoyed the games on Nuketown, we won one game of Dom on there 200-55.

I really don't like the one with the big watch tower in the middle. Too easy to be killed in that one, maybe it's to do with the spawns, but I never do well on it.

I actually like all the maps... there were a few that i didn't like at first but once i found some good spots etc there aren't any i hate (as much as maps like underpass)

spawning on these maps though... that's a whole other story

I'm still under level 20 and not sure if I have even played all the maps yet. Most of them seem good though. Spawns are crap but will be getting updated I am sure.

Ok Firing Range was my first ever map to play on. And as much as I hate the small nature of it, i keep getting some good bits on it; be it duel pistol double kill, or even better my game winning cam by sticking semtex to a guys foot - it was bloomin funny.

Sumit seems to be a real pain for bad spawning - it ruins a perfectly good game. Otherwise i like its layout.

Love:

Havanna
Grid
WMD

Hate:

Hanoi
Hanoi
Hanoi

I'm still under level 20 and not sure if I have even played all the maps yet. Most of them seem good though. Spawns are crap but will be getting updated I am sure.

o_rly.jpg

I only despise Nuketown. The rest I more or less get on with.

I have never had a brilliant game on Nuketown. The spawning is terrible, sometimes I will spawn in one corner of a garden and the entire enemy team will spawn in front of me. Feel guilty taking them out but the same has happened to me many times.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom