Black Ops - Killstreak Dialogue

I still use 8/9/11 - BB/CG/Dogs. Bring the pain.

Anyone else finding they are getting shot down quick now? They are almost going to be redundant when treyarch nerf them in the next patch.

I'm getting a lot of points shooting things down simply by holding on to my SAM turret (after collecting it from the package) until the enemy team get something in the air. Quite a few 'randoms' seem to put it out as soon as they get it (which means it gets destroyed before it can be used).;)

It's made my 'aircraft' class (ghost pro, silenced AR & rocket launcher etc) pretty much redundant.

I think at any one time i have had 3 sam turrets dotted around the map. excellent KS reward for its level.

This might sound silly but because its normally team tactical I play with objective games. CG is invaluable aswell as dogs. Purely because if your going for a plant or trying to get 2 flag points on dom, CG can pin them back and you take it with ease. I really should start rolling with spy plane + cg + dogs to help the team a bit more, but I like the blackbird and get it out most games so I guess that stays til I start getting ***** at the game.

I always use 3, 5, 7, spy plane, napalm, cg. Napalm is an absolute beast for demolition, the other night i had countless multi's. Chopper gunners can be a bit hit and miss, on Jungle its absolute carnage. These 2 are the killstreaks i have the most kills with (cg almost 1000, napalm 750), after the patch though i might change the cg to blackbird because they are removing the red diamonds for a while after the enemy respawn:(

because they are removing the red diamonds for a while after the enemy respawn:(

Thank god for that. I was spawn killed 7 times in a row last night. Spawn, dead, spawn, dead, spawn, dead, etc, etc. Not exactly fun.

I always use 3, 5, 7, spy plane, napalm, cg. Napalm is an absolute beast for demolition, the other night i had countless multi's. Chopper gunners can be a bit hit and miss, on Jungle its absolute carnage. These 2 are the killstreaks i have the most kills with (cg almost 1000, napalm 750), after the patch though i might change the cg to blackbird because they are removing the red diamonds for a while after the enemy respawn:(
Thank god for that. At least in MW2 you had a chance to pull out your Stinger and try to shoot it down from a decent angle. In Blops even an attack helicopter looks like it doesn't have LOS on you and it starts shooting under it's belly at you.

But I don't know how many times I've spawned, pull my Strela out, get LOS on the CG while he's killing guys on the other side of the map and then by the time my Strela locks on he's already shooting at me and killing me with exploding bullets!!!

Frustrating. I've been on the other side pretty frequently too and I can say it's pretty OP.

EDIT: LOL, just read HRL's post, looks like he and I are on the same page.

for the first 35-40 lvls i use spy plane,counter spy plane and blackbird almost exclusively(as soon as i have the points to unlock them that is)

the only times i dont use that is to do the aerial slaughterhouse(chopper gunner) and torn limb from limb(dogs) contracts

then from lvl 35 or so onwards i use blackbird/chopper gunner and dogs to help with building xp in the later levels

I'm a SP, ST, CP guy myself. Done it the entire prestige except for when I was doing the slaughterhouse and torn limb from limb contracts too.

Does anyone else find the CG kinda boring?

I'm a SP, ST, CP guy myself. Done it the entire prestige except for when I was doing the slaughterhouse and torn limb from limb contracts too.

this is usually my fav - you get
SP - something for the team + gets you kills
ST - something for the team + saves lives
CP - a little treat for all your hardwork for the team!

and if ure feeling frisky take the flak jacket off and get your hardline out and go bareback :cool: :rotfl:

Unless they're smart and kill the dogs.

Most of the time people are too worried about getting hammered by the CG as they spawn or getting picked off by the other team players. There isn't many places to hide on that map.

I do agree though, on most maps dogs are easy to take care of.

had a sentry gun handy once and i just sat behind it.. hearing the yelps of the dogs.. was vaguely satisfying.. if not sad poor things!

also what does ice cube say when you "release the dogs of war"??

cant remember if its even him that says it.. but WaW was satisfying when this was said!

Last edited:
'You can do it put your back into it!'

Or maybe...

'Friendly Dogs Inbound'?

Swapped my k/streaks to 3, 5 and 7 or 9 as I found it works better when you're rushing and in particular in a party, the napalm works well as there's normally a spy plane up.

The killstreak rewards are so much better in this game over MW2, a little bit more thought taken over them I feel.

I still have a lot of improving to do on the game but I'm playing with AVFers that are a lot better than me so am learning from them which is good.

Despite the freeze ups/hanging, im still loving it although I'm not sure how much longer I can go on with only 5 hours sleep a night, been about 3 weeks so far but I tend to have 10 minutes kip when I get home from work.

Swapped my k/streaks to 3, 5 and 7 or 9 as I found it works better when you're rushing and in particular in a party, the napalm works well as there's normally a spy plane up.

The killstreak rewards are so much better in this game over MW2, a little bit more thought taken over them I feel.

I still have a lot of improving to do on the game but I'm playing with AVFers that are a lot better than me so am learning from them which is good.

Despite the freeze ups/hanging, im still loving it although I'm not sure how much longer I can go on with only 5 hours sleep a night, been about 3 weeks so far but I tend to have 10 minutes kip when I get home from work.

The lack of sleep is not healthy.

I am going to try and turn off 12 midnight on work nights. But that 'one more game' factor has me hooked till after 1am :(

I wouldnt say you have to improve atall mate. When weve played your always right up there with the top players. The game last night done my head in though, absolute disgrace, I hate playing with greenies as thats where my only losses comes from and I'm trying to stay above my 3.5 WL ratio. Those 2 split screeners that went like 1-16 0-13 1-12 and I think it was 3-18 was an absolute disgrace and we were guarenteed to lose. Nearly smashed the controller.

Whenever I'm on I'll get you into our parties so you get used to playing Dem/Dom/CTF etc.

The whinging about greenies could get a bit tiresome. It's in your own hands to get yourself into a party before the game so you don't get stuck with inexperienced/un-organised/selfish players. If you don't, it's your fault, not theirs as frustrating as this may be.... Need to remember that it's these same rabbles of greenies that make the 3 and 4 W/L ratios possible. There's no way these statistics would be achievable in balanced matches.;)

I actual like playing TDM with greenies on my team.

It is the best way to get big scores. If I am with the GNE1 guys we are fighting for kills. Instead of getting 25-35 kills a game when I am solo I get anything between 15-25.

The whinging about greenies could get a bit tiresome. It's in your own hands to get yourself into a party before the game so you don't get stuck with inexperienced/un-organised/selfish players. If you don't, it's your fault, not theirs as frustrating as this may be.... Need to remember that it's these same rabbles of greenies that make the 3 and 4 W/L ratios possible. There's no way these statistics would be achievable in balanced matches.;)
So when there are 5 people online in my friends list playing and only 2 of them are on COD but they are already in a party and on a UK server, it's my fault for playing with greenies?

I had 4 games in a row where I was the only one who went positive on my team... 1.68, 1.54, 1.83, etc while my team was like 1-17, 0-7, 8-9... The closest guy to my score had like 13 kills one game but 19 deaths.

I don't get it!!! I run with Spy Planes up CONSTANTLY!!! The next round after my team gets stomped, the matchmaking will give me one person from the other side... the camper who went 21-5 because my team was all running into his bullets and I killed him 4 times because I watch for campers. :mad:

I completely sympathize with anyone complaining about greenies because my options are limited.

Baldy, I could hear you getting wound up and I think you made the right choice leaving the lobby. If you're anything like me, the more wound up you get the more aggressive your play style, the more deaths you get.:laugh:

Hubba, I think midnight is a good stopping point, very hard to stop though like you say. Who said the games not that addictive?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom