Black Ops - Killstreak Dialogue

i really fail with the airstrike placement, even with a [-]uav[/-] spy plane.

the [-]stealth bomber[/-] b52 is a massive line, quite thin but does it span accross the whole map?

the napalm strike seems conical when placing it?? is there any trick to the minimap palcement??

Mortars?? do these just drop 3-6 bombs?

Attack Helicopter, does the placement even matter, if so what does it change?

Trent, you want to get yourself hardline pro, more often then not chaging your cp will result in a much higher killstreak reward. Although sometimes the gamble goes the other way and you swap it for ammo. :suicide:

Took a gamble yesterday and switched a sentry gun (which are fantastic) to a chopper gunner, on jungle. So absolutely destroyed the other side. :clap:

What are people's views on the Valkerie rockets? I hated them at first as just couldn't use them but then something clicked last night and i started getting kills with them. Think it was because i started flying them round the map looking for people rather then just firing them straight into their air and trying to make them into a predator.

chopper gunner as shown above is superb, am racking up the kills with that.

:smashin:

i really fail with the airstrike placement, even with a [-]uav[/-] spy plane.

the [-]stealth bomber[/-] b52 is a massive line, quite thin but does it span accross the whole map?

the napalm strike seems conical when placing it?? is there any trick to the minimap palcement??

Mortars?? do these just drop 3-6 bombs?

Attack Helicopter, does the placement even matter, if so what does it change?

B52 I believe is not the whole map width wise but nearly length wise.

Napalm strike is not conical at all, it's a straight line much like the B52, not sure how it relates to where it starts as to placement. (as if it spans the entire map in that straight line, if it lands where you place it then travels the direction placed it?)

Mortar is 3 bombing locations. I believe the mortar bomb splits into 3 other bombs on it's way down.

Attack Helicopter placement does matter, place it behind the enemies whichever way its facing and it will rack up kills early on, then travel randomly to get more kills.

Mortar is a brilliant killstreak in Domination.
As is Napalm.

I go with those 2 and the rc. Just love killing campers with my little car! :thumbsup:

Also, ghost only hides from spy plane?
Thought my ghost was broke as i kept running out to take out helis and getting gunned down! :blush:
Alot of swearing ensued!

Mortar is a brilliant killstreak in Domination.
As is Napalm.

I go with those 2 and the rc. Just love killing campers with my little car! :thumbsup:

Also, ghost only hides from spy plane?
Thought my ghost was broke as i kept running out to take out helis and getting gunned down! :blush:
Alot of swearing ensued!

You need to get it to Pro to hide from air support

Doesn't hide from the Chopper Gunner or Gunship... Extremely lame imo.

Good fun when you're in the CG or GS but they are so hard to take down when you're on the opposition.

Doesn't hide from the Chopper Gunner or Gunship... Extremely lame imo.

Good fun when you're in the CG or GS but they are so hard to take down when you're on the opposition.

Found that out already.
Bloody helicopters are small and seem to only shoot at you when your aiiming at it to take it down.
I miss coldblooded!

After 2 days of trying them out, SR71 and dogs are bloody good if not the best KS you can get.

SR71 is a given, if your with a team that can take advantage ofit, you'll rack up kills np.

I guess either Gunship or dogs are great in their own way but I prefer dogs, better for rounding up noobs plus doesn't leave me vulnerable on the ground.

Well I think if you really want to own, a couple of players with SR71 is best.

I also quite like Mortar, good fun with that.

Found this on another forum:

Average Kills w/Killstreaks:

Spy Plane: -
RC-XD: 0.63
C Spy Plane: -
SAM Turret: 0.63 (not sure how this was calculated)
Care Package: -
Napalm Strike: 0.99
Sentry Gun: 1.13
Mortar Team: 0.61
Attack Helicopter: 2.02
Valkyrie Rockets: 0.68
Blackbird: -
Rolling Thunder: 1.43
Chopper Gunner: 6.84
Gunship: 7.08
Attack Dogs: 5.43

That was an average for 1 player. What's your averages?

It might help people to gain an understanding of which killstreaks are the best to select.

Personally I think killstreaks should be within the custom slots. Therefore you could have killstreaks that are good on domination and killstreaks that are good on TDM. For example Mortar Strike is useless on TDM and FFA imo.

Loving the Nepalm at the moment, 4 kills with hardline and its brilliant for demo and dom when you want to capture a flag or plant/defuse a bomb.

A few times last night i got a triple with the airstrike then the fire bagged me 3 more kills:cool:

Yah, I think for different game modes certain ones can be useful over others. For instance mortar wouldn't be so bad if you're trying to capture domination points. Just make a protective triangle around the point you are capturing.

Valeriki rocket package

I think you have to hold down the left trigger still with the rockets or they will asplode. Don't quote me on that as I've only gotten them twice. But they've never blown up in my face.

Can anyone confirm? I personally thought it was tap fire, and wait, guide the thing, then once nearyou can detonate by tapping fire again. I'm sure thats what I did on the beach map, yet on the Antenna snow jobby, the naffing thing kept exploding in my face each time I fired it - 6 times in a row, each time in a different place; away from buildings, looking up into the sky.... rubbish!!

:thumbsdow

Valeriki rocket package

Can anyone confirm? I personally thought it was tap fire, and wait, guide the thing, then once nearyou can detonate by tapping fire again. I'm sure thats what I did on the beach map, yet on the Antenna snow jobby, the naffing thing kept exploding in my face each time I fired it - 6 times in a row, each time in a different place; away from buildings, looking up into the sky.... rubbish!!

:thumbsdow

Whenever i've used it i've always held L1 then pressed R1 to fire. Never been blown up once. Although I have double tapped R1 panicking as we were losing our demo B position and blew myself up. :facepalm:

loving the carpet bomber the b-52, if you get it right its absoultely lethal !!!

Whenever i've used it i've always held L1 then pressed R1 to fire. Never been blown up once. Although I have double tapped R1 panicking as we were losing our demo B position and blew myself up. :facepalm:

Exactly what I'm doing. I kinda took it as a given that you hold down the ADS button. It explodes only once I hit the fire buton (once). Like I say, I've done it before. It was only at the weekend it went all wrong. I was ADS'ing with the thing, then fully expecting to hit fire and be transported to the rocket view.

This is why i posted in the video thread; when I went back to check the video, for proof to Treyarch, the darn thing worked all the way up to 4mins in just when I get my care package, then poof, video cuts off.

So, if it does happen to you, try your bst to record. I was well unchuffed.

Yeah will do mate.

I always aim mine into the air. Not sure if that makes a difference mind.

I always use RC's, its an almost a guaranteed kill, probably explains it massive appeal. I don't use Hardline to get RC's though.

The spy plane/UAV is good but 'someone else' always seems to have one up, so I'm relying on someone else but its all part of team work.

Spy planes stack and you can also save them up for when one is NOT in the air. My KS are SP, Sam Turret and CP. And once they make it so ST can no longer be swapped for another KS, then I'll still use this setup. Nothing beats taking down CG and Gunships without having to expose myself with a rocket launcher.

Spy planes stack and you can also save them up for when one is NOT in the air. My KS are SP, Sam Turret and CP. And once they make it so ST can no longer be swapped for another KS, then I'll still use this setup. Nothing beats taking down CG and Gunships without having to expose myself with a rocket launcher.

"Enemy spy plane spotted"
<2 second pause>
"Enemy spy plane down"

For those asking about best placement for B52 strikes, napalm etc, apart from spawn points obviously when you learn them (if that's actually possible in this game at the moment :rolleyes:)

The spy plane helps but it's not real time so they have usually moved by the time your strike comes in. Just look at where your team mates are on the mini map and drop your napalm etc somewhere they are not.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom