• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Black Ops - Killstreak Dialogue

Not meaning to sound harsh or unsympathetic here. You can't realistically expect all those on COD MP to play the game with common sense and stay focused on the objective. There's far too big a userbase with differing goals when they get online for this to happen. The only solution I see is to party up which is in our own hands.

Could you try HUPiT or similar sites to pad you friends list with people you know are at least reliable in play style. No need to interact necessarily, just trusted fodder to play with.

Det

Distinguished Member
If it weren't filtered at work, yes. But unfortunately they all are, except this one :)

I am married with 3 kids and I work/school both full time so my time at home is very limited, I don't want to spend hours on the forums of some site when I could be playing a game after the kids have gone to sleep.

sympatex

Novice Member
Baldy, I could hear you getting wound up and I think you made the right choice leaving the lobby. If you're anything like me, the more wound up you get the more aggressive your play style, the more deaths you get.:laugh:

Hubba, I think midnight is a good stopping point, very hard to stop though like you say. Who said the games not that addictive?
The annoying thing is after midnight well, after 11 the game experience starts to improve for me. The connection seems more stable (not necessarily better ping tho). I can play game after game at that time no kicks, thenat about 4:30pm it all goes horribly wrong.

I need to learn how to back off in domination in particular. I will keep going for a flag we need and getting done over. Defintely need to stop that wait for support around me before i go for it.

the games very good when its working well...it doesnt do that often enough which is a shame.

I'm also trying to work out quickest way to prestige (much like on mw2). The perks dont seem to offer much experience pts. i think the easiest was ghost but i think you only max 10odd k for completing the entire perk to pro. You need like 1,500 kills with a weapon to get 7500 exp?! i think you needed 500 for AR's in MW2?

I have settled with the FAMAS, STONER or MPL for my gun choices now so XP seems to have stopped. I saw someone on prestige 4? (blue/purple emblem) and only had 3days play!!

Det

Distinguished Member
Here's a tip, don't go for contracts outside what you're comfortable with. Yah it's cool getting 5 ballistic knife kills but going 8-16 to get it will not help you level up any quicker, even it were to have a few hundred exp attached to the contract.

I don't pick up contracts for guns I won't use anymore or just suck with (like the Galil... I can't get on with it) because it will take you all 40 mins or whatever time limit and you lose out on XP changing up your gameplay for that long.

Play a variety of game modes, score well, use guns you're good with (and different attachments for those challenges) and it should help you level up much quicker via challenges.

sympatex

Novice Member
Here's a tip, don't go for contracts outside what you're comfortable with. Yah it's cool getting 5 ballistic knife kills but going 8-16 to get it will not help you level up any quicker, even it were to have a few hundred exp attached to the contract.

I don't pick up contracts for guns I won't use anymore or just suck with (like the Galil... I can't get on with it) because it will take you all 40 mins or whatever time limit and you lose out on XP changing up your gameplay for that long.

Play a variety of game modes, score well, use guns you're good with (and different attachments for those challenges) and it should help you level up much quicker via challenges.
I dont do contracts except hired gun, and whatever game mode i'm paying at the time. 3r contract is only ever the steal one where u stab someone in the back!

I've found CTF i score highly, similar kills to DOM but you get 100 for it instead of 50.

I thought on MW2 it was 50 for a kill in ctf?

If it weren't filtered at work, yes. But unfortunately they all are, except this one :)

I am married with 3 kids and I work/school both full time so my time at home is very limited, I don't want to spend hours on the forums of some site when I could be playing a game after the kids have gone to sleep.
Tell me about it - I've not managed to get a single minute in on BLOPS since Sunday. Family, work, friends, sports always eats up my game time:( As I understand it you only need to create a listing for yourself on HUPiT, which should only take 5 when you're somewhere with full web access. Could be worth a try? :smashin:

Det

Distinguished Member
Tell me about it - I've not managed to get a single minute in on BLOPS since Sunday. Family, work, friends, sports always eats up my game time:( As I understand it you only need to create a listing for yourself on HUPiT, which should only take 5 when you're somewhere with full web access. Could be worth a try? :smashin:
Aha! Never been on it so I'll look it up on my phone the next time I gotta drop the kids off at the pool.

Det

Distinguished Member
I dont do contracts except hired gun, and whatever game mode i'm paying at the time. 3r contract is only ever the steal one where u stab someone in the back!

I've found CTF i score highly, similar kills to DOM but you get 100 for it instead of 50.

I thought on MW2 it was 50 for a kill in ctf?
I don't recall what it was in MW2 CTF.

Side note: I was getting really really ****** off at a guy last night on the other team just camping the flag or the most likely path of travel to the flag. He had 46 kills - 16 deaths (most were from me) with no captures, no returns. I had 16- 20 deaths but had 2 captures and 2 returns yet he still scored much higher than I did. This is why people play objective games like TDM still. We won in overtime.

I sent him a message saying "All your camping... WASTED!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Then of course he sent me some colorful language in response.

Fowl

Novice Member
I never seem to get any abuse on COD. Maybe I'm not good enough to engage the wrath of a keyboard warrior?

I'll challenge myself to get some abuse before I prestige again.

With regards to kill streaks, I currently run 3,4,5.

Nothing annoys a team more than rendering their radar useless for the entire match the Counter UAV

Last edited:

Det

Distinguished Member
I never seem to get any abuse on COD. Maybe I'm not good enough to engage the wrath of a keyboard warrior?

I'll challenge myself to get some abuse before I prestige again.

With regards to kill streaks, I currently run 3,4,5.

Nothing annoys a team more than rendering their radar useless for the entire match the Counter UAV
Sometimes you have to instigate it. Just send em a message saying "HAHA"

I run Sam Turret... keeps numerous SP out of the air (and I get exp) and also takes out helicopters.

StevePSIV

Distinguished Member
I don't recall what it was in MW2 CTF.

Side note: I was getting really really ****** off at a guy last night on the other team just camping the flag or the most likely path of travel to the flag. He had 46 kills - 16 deaths (most were from me) with no captures, no returns. I had 16- 20 deaths but had 2 captures and 2 returns yet he still scored much higher than I did. This is why people play objective games like TDM still. We won in overtime.

I sent him a message saying "All your camping... WASTED!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Then of course he sent me some colorful language in response.
Sounds like tactical patrolling to me..

Det

Distinguished Member
Most of the time he was behind the container on the A dom point on Radiation just popping his head out. Other times he was laying prone looking down the long LOS if he had just spawned.

I tactically patrol too, but his playstyle was way too campy. He had no flag returns. He would pop his head out and kill the flag runner and pop back in and let his teammates return it.

Det

Distinguished Member

IMontoya79

i genuinely believed you were taking your kids swimming... lol

Det

Distinguished Member
i genuinely believed you were taking your kids swimming... lol
If they were getting into trouble I would let them swim in 40 degree (farenheit) weather for about 5 minutes, but typically, no :)

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Don't worry Det, I knew what you were refering to :smashin:

Det

Distinguished Member
Don't worry Det, I knew what you were refering to :smashin:
I was gonna say "Drop the Browns off at the Superbowl" but I figured since you guys don't watch Football (Of the American variety) it would have most likely gone over your heads even though I think it's funnier.

LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
I was gonna say "Drop the Browns off at the Superbowl" but I figured since you guys don't watch Football (Of the American variety) it would have most likely gone over your heads even though I think it's funnier.
That is funnier, I think I might have to nick that one off you :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Research launches Reference 80S power amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett