Black Ops - Killstreak Dialogue

KMC

Banned
Sam Tuuret should be a higher Killstreak. What an awseome killstreak, shoots down everything except a blackbird and dogs.

No need for any Strelas etc. Its an awesome killstreak, you rack up alot of xp with it.

Use it while everyone still uses UAV's, CUAV

I destroyed about 5 UAV's and and a gunship in one round, equivalent to 1100 xp in about 3 minutes, plus helps the team win.

If your playing with greenies it isnt a must, but in a full party surely someone on your team has this equipped, just the hassle of taking Strela's out is gone.

If you have ghost, The destruction of a killstreak by A sam turret won't contribute to the "take down 30 enemy killstreaks".

nickGT

Novice Member
What does everyone think is better:

Dogs or gunship?

Considering dropping the sr71 as it really isn't doing me any favours.

KMC

Banned
What does everyone think is better:

Dogs or gunship?

Considering dropping the sr71 as it really isn't doing me any favours.

Dropping the Blackbird?

try

With hardline it's 2,7,8

Don't be a douche and help your team win, a Blackbird is one of the best killstreaks in the game.

nickGT

Novice Member
Thats what I currently use. But wanted to give the dogs or gunship a whirl. I don't know why but I just don't get along with it. Maybe I will drop the spy plane and go 8 9 11.

KMC

Banned
Thats what I currently use. But wanted to give the dogs or gunship a whirl. I don't know why but I just don't get along with it. Maybe I will drop the spy plane and go 8 9 11.

Wow pretty tough man, drop the gunship and go for the dogs!

Det

Distinguished Member
Welcome to the party Kamil... I have been using SAM Turret since day 2 and haven't swapped it out yet. Love it.

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
Was using Blackbird/CG/Dogs last night and its a beast killstreak set up. Absolutely love the Blackbird, if you can reach that, you are pretty much guaranteed to get the rest of your goodies:cool:

I do prefer using low streaks but fancied a change.

nickGT

Novice Member
How many kills do you expect from the dogs? Whenever I have played with them they never seem to do well.

As soon as I hear they are out I find a corner and just shoot them before they get me

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
How many kills do you expect from the dogs? Whenever I have played with them they never seem to do well.

As soon as I hear they are out I find a corner and just shoot them before they get me

Use them with the chopper gunner and they seem to do better because the enemy are busy trying to deal with the air support. Call them both in at the same time and the opposition dont stand a chance.

crocandy

Trent, you want to get yourself hardline pro, more often then not chaging your cp will result in a much higher killstreak reward. Although sometimes the gamble goes the other way and you swap it for ammo. :suicide:

Took a gamble yesterday and switched a sentry gun (which are fantastic) to a chopper gunner, on jungle. So absolutely destroyed the other side. :clap:

I have to agree Hardline pro is amazing and fairly easy to get if you are playing with mates when needing to share care packages. What i love about it is that you can change anybody's care package into something better.

Feel_the_Magic

Novice Member
Only got dogs once, in a CP, and they brought me 15 kills:eek:

Currently running Sam, Napalm, Attack Helicopter, which is working nicely.

Craig8718

Having unlocked Hardline Pro I've been using UAV, Sam and Care Package the last few days. I've been using the first Sam I get to shoot down UAV etc and then been gambling on the rest of the packages to try and get something good.

In about 60 games I've got 2 Chopper Gunners, 1 Gunship and 1 set of dogs. I don't really think it's worth the bother to be honest. More often that not I get an awful Killstreak like Death Machine (what the f*** is that all about?!), Valk Rockets (Pointless if you ask me) and that other pathetic launcher thing. The Blackbird is awesome mind and the first time I used the Gunship it blew my mind! My one set of dogs weren't very effective to be honest.

With the random spawn system this game has I'm finding calling care packages a big risk and I couldn't honestly tell you the amount of times a claymore next to the DZ has saved my ass! You spawn thinking your in your spawn zone, drop a CP only to be ambushed seconds later! They seriously need to sort the spawns out!

Using CP's seems to effect my flow when I'm running around then have to find a little corner to hide in to drop a CP. I think i'm going to go back to UAV, Napalm and Attack Helicopter now I've had my fun gambling with Hardline Pro.

Last edited:

Det

Distinguished Member
Best KS setup imo.

Sam Turret
Blackbird
Chopper Gunner

The first two help your team immensely (and yourself) and the CG is just ridiculous destruction mode and KDR padding.

I think I'll change to this setup once they patch hardline to only CP's.

willywinker

I just changed mine to 7 9 and 11 yesterday and having a bit of joy.

Dogs only get me an average of 5 kills

Det

Distinguished Member
I don't think I've ever died to dogs... maybe once in the 10 or 20 times they've been called out against my team. I sure have killed quite a few though. I think that's why they're one bite, they are too easy to kill. A knife or a couple bullets to the face. I have died from them distracting me though and an enemy shooting me from the side.

CG is just too devastating. I can't pull out my launcher quick enough and engage a lock on.

nickGT

Novice Member
Ok we are almost a month into Blops now. What killstreaks are people using?

I am losing interest in the gunship and chopper gunner to be honest. It seems people have clocked on and are shooting them down really quickly.

Last night for example I was playing firing range and had 2 chopper gunners and a gunship stacked. After using all 3 I amounted 6 kills and died 2 times from being on the ground. Frustrating. And quite frankly seems like a waste of a killstreak. Anyone else finding they are getting shot down quick now? They are almost going to be redundant when treyarch nerf them in the next patch.

TheRobotman

Distinguished Member
mostly SAM, Care Pack and Sentry.

SAM is always handy, Care package is sometimes a random treat and the Turret is usually handy for the objective based stuff.

if i'm playing against randoms and they are being idiots i'll do that with Hardline Pro and double tap the lot of them. :D

nickGT

Novice Member
Care packages seemed to get me killed more often then not. I am tempted to just go with 'press and go' killstreaks.

Spy Plane.
Counter Spy Plane.
Blackbird.

lee667

Distinguished Member
spy plane/care package/attack helicopter. Just purchased dogs/gunship/napalm/rolling thunder so will swap the attack helicopter for 1 of them.

Hubba-EX

I use 3, 5 and 7 or 9 (attack heli and CG).

Napalm is an absolute beast, probably the best 5 kill streak ever. At first I didn't like it as I wasn't getting any kills with it (didn't really know where on the map to put it) but now it is the killstreak that has got me the most kills.

CG's are getting shot down too quick, I hate how a player can stay on level 50 forever and have Ghost Pro and be immune to any the heli's. Prestige should be mandatory to even the playing field.

Care packages seemed to get me killed more often then not. I am tempted to just go with 'press and go' killstreaks.

Spy Plane.
Counter Spy Plane.
Blackbird.

^^^ Me too

On TDM etc, if I'm playing badly I'll switch out the blackbird for CP as there's a small chance the [-]beast[/-] death machine will drop and if playing really well I go for dogs instead of blackbird. In objective games, Napalm is a bit of a must. Not really into any KS rewards that involve faffing about out of the action now the novelty has warn off.

Hate RC-XD and Valkyrie.

sympatex

Novice Member
^^^ Me too

On TDM etc, if I'm playing badly I'll switch out the blackbird for CP as there's a small chance the [-]beast[/-] death machine will drop and if playing really well I go for dogs instead of blackbird. In objective games, Napalm is a bit of a must. Not really into any KS rewards that involve faffing about out of the action now the novelty has warn off.

Hate RC-XD and Valkyrie.

The RC XD boils my onions. everytime i get one kill me when i'm on a killstreak myself. They are so pointless, surely a spy plane will give you more than one kill (in all likelyhood) so why would you, you're massively vunerable while controlling the damn thing too.

i'm currently running sam, cp, sentry. As i've just hardline prod up and enjoying the randomness of double tap. I usually keep the sentry gun, a well placed sentry (corner of an open area is an absolute beast, much more powerful than MW2's equivellent (selling).

I haven't used naplm much but can see the point in open maps on objective games. I will unlock this next. How do i direct it, i notice it is in a tear drop shape on the map. I assume this is the appx splash radius?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Klipsch announces ProMedia 2.1 BT speaker set
  • By Andy Bassett