Black Ops - Killstreak Dialogue

Det

Distinguished Member
Questions about killstreaks? Ask them here!

This thread is in an effort to stop the spam! :smashin:

I'll edit in KS later.

uzer

I'm going to get off on a bit of a rant to start things off...

The RC car is such a crap shoot in this game mode. Especially since MOST opposing players don't use Ghost a UAV would be clutch in a tight situation. My SnD squad was using RCs instead of UAV for a while but switched when we realized how many people didn't use Ghost. Now that 1 (maybe 2) kills you'd get with an RC exposes 4 (usually 5) of the enemies. It sickens me when we lose a player and pick up a random and he has RC car set as his killstreak, when a UAV would of benefit the entire team...not just his kill total.

Some people need to realize W/L > K/D.

Det

Distinguished Member
I've never used the RC-XD unless it's been from a CP. I like winning and I like not being flanked as easily. But sometimes I rely too heavily on it and don't watch my six for ghost runners. Although once they fix the sound and I can hear footsteps again, that should be happening less and less.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Rc cars are a PITA. Really annoying. And the fact you can get them with 2 kills (hardline) makes it worse. I cant think of a game where i aint been killed with one.

I think they need to make them a 5 streak item. Or ban them. :thumbsup:

uzer

Yea, my squad likes winning too. Thus our intense W/L ratio and average KDRs. 1.5x in SnD is a winning KDR any day of the week.

PROMETHEUS30

Novice Member
Ok, i'm going against the hate.

I love the damn things, i've had five or six out in a row in previous games.
Not even bothered if i'm killed by one due to the amount of them I send out.

Also with Hardline, you're right they are even easier to get.

IanW1977

I stole someones care package, sorry if it was a fellow scudders but it got me a triple kill in domination. Otherwise I'd rather go uav.

trent steel

RcXd :thumbsdow on the plus side I have taken out so many static users of them, I only wish that when you do kill them then their XD blows up rather than allowing them to go on to manage a kill:confused: How the hell are they able to carry on controlling from the grave

Took down a couple of care package deliveries last night, can anyone confirm if they still drop the care package?

Lord_Mandark

Novice Member
Never used the RCXD unless its from a care package. But always use the Spy Plane with hardline, your W/L ratio soon shoots up when everyone knows where the enemy team is pretty much all the time.

Fen Star

How the hell are they able to carry on controlling from the grave?
Probably the same way you can be laying on the floor yet be standing in the door of a helicopter shooting a gun...:D

Feel_the_Magic

Novice Member
I always go with RC as I just don't get the spy plane. I don't understand how people use it to their benefit (I understand the principle just not the practice). For me it takes all of my time watching the game screen for enemies without having to keep checking the mini-map.
Any tips on how to use them (as I would like to improve)?

D

Deleted member 209349

i always go uav, as you only normally get a single kill with the rc (which doesn't count towards your kill streak) whereas with uav you can get a 1/2 kills that do count towards your kill streak. So overall you will end up getting more kills with the uav as you are more likely to use the better killstreaks which get you a lot of kills. Plus you help the team out :thumbsup:

Hubba-EX

I am still undecided on which k/s to rock.

Was using 3/5/9 the other day, and from 4 times with the Chopper Gunner it only did'nt get shot down once. So the other 3 times I probably only got about 3/4 kills between 3 CG's. When it it doesnt get shot I get around 8-15 kills depending on map.

Tried the Napalm, and if you put it on the right spot it can net you a few kills, other times I get zero.

Mortar Strike has hardly got me any kills.

I miss my Harrier :(

Also, I hate Care Packages, it seems way to generous to give the higher k/s.

Hubba-EX

:devil:Blackbird is an awesome perk, great new addition IMO.

Does it show Ghost players aswell?

Jon, you should try 8/9/11, but with dogs. So when the enermy team think they can hide in buildings from the CG the dogs can hunt them out, I'm goning to try this out tonight :devil:

Last edited:

jon12355

:devil:Blackbird is an awesome perk, great new addition IMO.

Does it show Ghost players aswell?

Jon, you should try 8/9/11, but with dogs. So when the enermy team think they can hide in buildings from the CG the dogs can hunt them out, I'm goning to try this out tonight :devil:
I think it shows all players but dont quote me on that. Im sure Tp or stevie can confirm.

I have used the dogs before but I found I got more kills from the gunship. If you get a map with an open spawn such as Grid you can get loads of kills. Think I saved a video last night on Grid, check it out if you get time :thumbsup:

IMontoya79

Formerly 'InigioMontoya79'
8/9/11 with dogs sounds like win, and i think you should need ghost pro to hide from the blackbird i think.

Last edited:

StuR6

Novice Member
I think it shows all players but dont quote me on that. Im sure Tp or stevie can confirm.

I have used the dogs before but I found I got more kills from the gunship. If you get a map with an open spawn such as Grid you can get loads of kills. Think I saved a video last night on Grid, check it out if you get time :thumbsup:
I do enjoy the Blackbird when its up, being undestroyable; but the locations are a little behind. But in terms of detection, wiki says:

"Ghost is a Tier 1 Perk in Call of Duty: Black Ops. It makes the user undetectable by enemy Spy Planes and SR-71 Blackbirds. Ghost Pro makes the user undetectable to enemy aircraft, sentry guns, and infrared devices such as the Infrared Scope and Camera Spike. Ghost gives the user a ghillie suit on certain maps"
undetecible to Camera Spike? So you become invisible.

Last edited:

Det

Distinguished Member
I always go with RC as I just don't get the spy plane. I don't understand how people use it to their benefit (I understand the principle just not the practice). For me it takes all of my time watching the game screen for enemies without having to keep checking the mini-map.
Any tips on how to use them (as I would like to improve)?
I have hardline so I do it in 2 (on most classes).

It helps immensely to get to higher killstreaks. Yah you have to check your minimap often but you should be doing that regardless of if a spy plane is up.

After you earn it, don't round any corners just yet if you're new to the principal. Call it in, wait a second for the red pings to show up on your map. Try to anticipate where they are headed based on their location (for instance, if it shows them in a corridor with only two paths of travel then you know where you can find them) and go kill them, and alternatively, you can watch your flank so you won't be killed from behind.

Think of it as your rear view mirror (if you drive) and constantly keep checking it for any baddies.

IMontoya79

Formerly 'InigioMontoya79'
I have hardline so I do it in 2 (on most classes).

It helps immensely to get to higher killstreaks. Yah you have to check your minimap often but you should be doing that regardless of if a spy plane is up.

After you earn it, don't round any corners just yet if you're new to the principal. Call it in, wait a second for the red pings to show up on your map. Try to anticipate where they are headed based on their location (for instance, if it shows them in a corridor with only two paths of travel then you know where you can find them) and go kill them, and alternatively, you can watch your flank so you won't be killed from behind.

Think of it as your rear view mirror (if you drive) and constantly keep checking it for any baddies.
also press start if you have a second and youll see the whole map with all dots so you can see everything. (dont do this on Nuketown)

TaNeR_08

got a blackbird in a cp the other day , its an great ks showing live radar of enemy players and which way they are facing :D

trent steel

I am still undecided on which k/s to rock.

Was using 3/5/9 the other day, and from 4 times with the Chopper Gunner it only did'nt get shot down once. So the other 3 times I probably only got about 3/4 kills between 3 CG's. When it it doesnt get shot I get around 8-15 kills depending on map.

Tried the Napalm, and if you put it on the right spot it can net you a few kills, other times I get zero.

Mortar Strike has hardly got me any kills.

I miss my Harrier :(

Also, I hate Care Packages, it seems way to generous to give the higher k/s
Harrier was good at getting a few kills with the bombs and then the guns:smashin:

Can't agree with you about the CP though unless it's just me, but I have had nothing but bad luck or no luck with the CP

3 red dots on my HUD last night I send in the B52 get sod all kills apart from myself :suicide:

Think I am going to buy the chopper gunner tonight, looks good fun

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies

Latest News

Black Friday 2020: Best UK deals currently available
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 25th November 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Sky agrees movie deal with Entertainment One
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Amazon Prime Video UK for December 2020
  • By Andy Bassett