NightHawk

Now that the game is officially out what is everyone's first impressions of the game?

For me so far, the game has played well. With the 3 year dev cycle you can tell this COD game has had its issues ironed out which it wouldn't have with less time. I'm getting minor sound dropouts for about a second but not very often to be concerned.

• The spawns are good although I haven't played objective game modes as much as TDM to fully decide
  • Connection is surprisingly very good. Little to no lag consistently 16/17 ms ping. Not sure if its true or whether I am connecting to the same dedicated server all the time
  • Good gun variety - not finding people using the same guns
  • Maps are very nice. Bright, vibrant, nice lanes and they have improved the use of the walls to make parkour more fun than a chore it felt in the beta
  • Killstreaks are not OP. A few of them could be more powerful though
  • Zombies graphics are really nice. Not sure about the knife animation but the map seems huge. Will give this more of a playthrough to give a full opinion on it. Same with campaign

Overall a good start and already an improvement over Ghosts and AW. Remains to be seen whether it will keep the playability factor that COD4, MW2 and BO1 had in it's multiplayer.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Now that the game is officially out what is everyone's first impressions of the game?

For me so far, the game has played well. With the 3 year dev cycle you can tell this COD game has had its issues ironed out which it wouldn't have with less time. I'm getting minor sound dropouts for about a second but not very often to be concerned.

• The spawns are good although I haven't played objective game modes as much as TDM to fully decide
  • Connection is surprisingly very good. Little to no lag consistently 16/17 ms ping. Not sure if its true or whether I am connecting to the same dedicated server all the time
  • Good gun variety - not finding people using the same guns
  • Maps are very nice. Bright, vibrant, nice lanes and they have improved the use of the walls to make parkour more fun than a chore it felt in the beta
  • Killstreaks are not OP. A few of them could be more powerful though
  • Zombies graphics are really nice. Not sure about the knife animation but the map seems huge. Will give this more of a playthrough to give a full opinion on it. Same with campaign

Overall a good start and already an improvement over Ghosts and AW. Remains to be seen whether it will keep the playability factor that COD4, MW2 and BO1 had in it's multiplayer.

Pretty much agree with all that. Connection has been solid for me. Maps are fun and the gameplay is solid. I like the pick 10 system taken from blops 2. The wall running and jumping doesn't really effect the gameplay. Most games I've been in people barely use it.

Jon Weaver

Distinguished Member
I like it.. More than AW for sure (not saying much).. But am disappointed that there are only 12 maps..

I played for about an hour last night (before the servers failed and I was unable to get online again) and I think I have played them all aready.. Where as in the past, it sometimes takes a few days before playing them oll

I know its only 2-4 less then normal.. But its still less variety.. Very lazy/cheap I feel.

NightHawk

I like the pick 10 system taken from blops 2. The wall running and jumping doesn't really effect the gameplay. Most games I've been in people barely use it.

I would have liked the option to select 4 killstreaks e.g. UAV, Hellstorm, Talon and RAPS seeing as they're not too powerful. Only a max of 3.

I think once people get to know the maps there will be more wall running and jumping around corners. At least it doesn't ruin the flow of games compared to AW.

I know its only 2-4 less then normal.. But its still less variety.. Very lazy/cheap I feel.

Agreed. I think I have played all the maps in 1 evening whereas previous CODs it would take a couple of days at least to get through them all. I would rather have more maps than be able to customise my gun. Activision should email codes to redeem Nuketown to all pre-orders like they promised.

stu646

Pretty much agree with all that. Connection has been solid for me. Maps are fun and the gameplay is solid. I like the pick 10 system taken from blops 2. The wall running and jumping doesn't really effect the gameplay. Most games I've been in people barely use it.

I feel to my death over 10 times last night trying to attempt to do fancy wall running...never ends well for me.

stu646

I would have liked the option to select 4 killstreaks e.g. UAV, Hellstorm, Talon and RAPS seeing as they're not too powerful. Only a max of 3.

I think once people get to know the maps there will be more wall running and jumping around corners. At least it doesn't ruin the flow of games compared to AW.

Agreed. I think I have played all the maps in 1 evening whereas previous CODs it would take a couple of days at least to get through them all. I would rather have more maps than be able to customise my gun. Activision should email codes to redeem Nuketown to all pre-orders like they promised.

I was looking at their twitter support page last night and loads of people complaining about the fact they said all pre orders get it but now only Game customers do. At point they replied saying if people actually read it, it did say just Game customers...but then someone posted the advert and it clearly says nothing about just Game.

Anyway..agree about your points on the game, really enjoyed it last night. Back on form so far me. Fringe is a favourite map of mine already.

Von Smittle

Anyone else able to change their calling card?

Mine just has a spinning Treyarch logo on the page and I can't acces it.

NightHawk

I played for about an hour last night (before the servers failed and I was unable to get online again) and I think I have played them all aready..

Trick is to let the game load and don't press x or anything till you see the number in top right corner change from 30.0.0.0 to something else. Then press x. Gives a chance for the latest software update to load.

addyb

Distinguished Member
Fringe is a great map. I've still only gone through half of the maps. I kept quitting out to play a different game mode and then it was putting me on the same maps I'd played last lol.

rousetafarian

Ok, so I've had an hour playing TDM, oh and watching the opening to Zombies whilst the MP & Campaign loaded, here we go....

1 The graphics are insanely good, almost too good, in the fact they are very detailed it may be my ageing eyesight or I need to sit closer.

2 Spawns are excellent, no complaints in TDM from me

3 My wired connection is rock-solid and the games haven't so far lagged noticeably for me

4 Kill-streaks so far seem a little 'meh' but I've only opened and used the default 3 so far

5 Emptying a War-machine in a room full of campers is great fun.....

Hi/zuum

I like the controls, it feels a better balance than AW. Oh & what a lot of nonsense over Nuketown...Game exclusive, yeah right that's why I got it with Gameseek./ anyway think I'm gonna plough through the single player today as I'm off till Sunday night, yay! Good times!

stu646

As I could not get online last night (having some problems today as well) I spent a good 2 and bit hours playing the single campaign mode as I heard you can unlock some stuff for multiplayer by playing it. When I did get online though I noticed there are now two campaign modes, one for offline and one which is online. Both are the same but you unlock stuff for the online one.

So to get to my point, I wasted over two hours playing it offline..so meh to that.

stu646

Zombies is bloody mental. Never really played it before so not to sure what to do apart from killing everything I see.

We all died in my last game as I paid 1200 points to clean up the debris and then all of sudden a massive monster came out of nowhere and killed us all!

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member

AllThatDaz

Let us know what you think Daz... You never know... It might just happen...
No connection gripes so far...and that's always the deciding factor...BUT...its early days.

Played a mix of TDM, Dom and Hardpoint and successfully getting my backside handed to me...somethings never change :D

addyb

Distinguished Member
I used to be a slightly above average player in the days of mw2 and blops. I'm now decidedly bottom of the barrel material. Struggle to hit positive scores and generally become the teams whipping boy lol

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett