• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Black Ops Beta codes on eBay.

Nyle

I'm signed up to the Black Ops website so I might get one from there, if not I wouldn't mind paying a bit for one. I wouldn't want it if it would get me banned though...

GBDG1

Distinguished Member
It would seem to early for a beta. I would maybe be expecting one end of aug/September. They Beta the release version of the game which on a 2yr development shouldn't be ready. I know that reach beta was a couple of weeks ago and that is due out at the same time but that game has been in development for a lot longer so is probably almost ready but being delayed for a christmas release.

Agree that they may be handing out codes at E3 even if they can't be used.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
DO NOT BUY ONE :lesson:

Trust me dont waste your money on one, I am sure AVF Members will have lots of codes at the ready once the Beta is released.

I am sure pretty much everyone who wanted one for WaW got one :thumbsup:

Deftones

Last edited:

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
September/October is the traditional COD Beta time so this seems way early. Betas are as much a marketing tool as they are a testing tool these days so its entirely plausible the codes have been issued to retailers ready for them to roll out pre-order offers. Buying anything from eBay (especially free Beta codes when your a member here) is bonkers.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
whats the best way of getting on the beta list, cant remember how i got one last time

1st step is to pre-order the game from every possible retailer that is large enough to offer a beta pre order exclusive these tend to be Play, HMV, or Amazon but I would expect to see Zavvi getting in on the action soon. :smashin:

Next is to sign up to the websites for the game don't have the URLs but I am sure someone will provide them.:lease:

Next is something like FilePlanet. They tend to do PC betas but have done a few console ones recently as well :clap:

majnu

Distinguished Member
You learn something new everyday. I never heard of Beta before :blush:

Glad I joined Treyarch.com around a year ago and was active posting in the forums, so I am hoping I qualify for some of these codes.

brumhee

Distinguished Member
Would be good if there was some set rules similar to the ones for Live codes for all the beta codes as usually there is a massive spike in never to be seen again new members whenever beta codes are being offered across member on here.

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Would be good if there was some set rules similar to the ones for Live codes for all the beta codes as usually there is a massive spike in never to be seen again new members whenever beta codes are being offered across member on here.

Awww fun times :laugh:

The thread will become a sticky and bans will be handed out, infractions, new members signing up promising to stay for a beta code, people will offer paypal moneys to get a code......let the games begin !

Dont think I know of any member sticking around :rolleyes: :thumbsdow

Deftones

The Bass

How does that all work then? Do they give loads of codes to a few people and then AVFers share them out?

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Everyone just keeps an eye. If a link or pre-order offer comes out then someone will normally share it here straight away. Everyone then piles and more often the not there are plenty of codes to go round.

majnu

Distinguished Member
Everyone just keeps an eye. If a link or pre-order offer comes out then someone will normally share it here straight away. Everyone then piles and more often the not there are plenty of codes to go round.

Is this normally one exclusive code per person?

The Bass

I see, I might join in on the pre-ordering then and try and get a few :thumbsup:. I'll see if they announce anything at E3 about it first.

Pebb

Distinguished Member
I will only had out spare beta keys, to people who have been on the forums for a year or more.

Hillskill

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Is this normally one exclusive code per person?

I see, I might join in on the pre-ordering then and try and get a few :thumbsup:. I'll see if they announce anything at E3 about it first.

Back in the day Pre-ordering didn't mean **** you had to graft and be a bit wily online. Now-a-days you can simply keep an eye for who is offering a key with a pre-order or just sign up to COD.com
Its instances like this where people end up with a couple of codes and can share them out. Loads of us got on the COD4 beta and pretty much everyone got on the COD5 beta. The Sony ones are much tougher but generally if you are a regular on this forum then you will get into pretty much any beta thats opening for sign up.

I will only had out spare beta keys, to people who have been on the forums for a year or more.

Spot on Jamie. You have to love all those new members that try it on :laugh:

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Dont worry AVF Peeps I am sure we will all get in on the Beta :thumbsup:

Then again I did say this about MW2 :facepalm:

Deftones

oh so ur to blame for no MW2 beta eh :mad: :rotfl:

brumhee

Distinguished Member
So tones is responsible for every hacker/glitcher/booster?:eek::D

Tones is responsible for pretty much everything including

The extinction of Dinosaurs

The Big Bang (that was one hell of a curry!)

The colapse of the Roman Empire

Attila the Hun (tones wouldnt PM him any pictures)

alphaomega16

Distinguished Member
Tones is responsible for pretty much everything including

The extinction of Dinosaurs

The Big Bang (that was one hell of a curry!)

The colapse of the Roman Empire

Attila the Hun (tones wouldnt PM him any pictures)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom