Black Ops 4

Nope, hence why I’ve not bitten

Wow, really poor, even by Activision standards. I was annoyed at them for having a battle pass but still thought we could buy separate map packs.

Some of the new maps look good to.

Really enjoying Zombies this year to, literally have no idea what I am doing or have a clue about the perks ect but is still great fun!

As a package I think this is superb, you have a very good solid multiplayer, great blackout mode and zombies is good to.

Really have shot themselves in the foot though with the cod pass.

Just downloaded the free trial and i've played 5 games, found guns in all of them and emptied full clips into players that look like Bumblebee from Transformers because they have so much armour equipped. I take it armour is unlocked and stored in the full game? In the last game 4 of us were shooting this one person and he shotgunned the whole team

Just downloaded the free trial and i've played 5 games, found guns in all of them and emptied full clips into players that look like Bumblebee from Transformers because they have so much armour equipped. I take it armour is unlocked and stored in the full game? In the last game 4 of us were shooting this one person and he shotgunned the whole team

I've been playing it a while and I've found the last few days has be extremely hard to get going looting and staying alive first few minutes, once you get going it's slightly easier, armour level 1 is brown level 2 is black and level 3 has a helmet also.

This new down and out I like the idea of especially if your normally killed alot altho need a decent squad to do it tho

I've played the demo quite a bit over the last few days and agree that the down and out mode is definitely the one to play.
The only downside for me now is that I think to fully enjoy it and to justify the price tag (it IS basically a full price Fortnite) you'd need to have a group of friends playing regularly. I've just been playing with randoms and you get some good games and some absolute stinkers

If anyone else is playing and wants to group up my psn is the same as my name here ( ibrox_grfc ) .

I've played the demo quite a bit over the last few days and agree that the down and out mode is definitely the one to play.
The only downside for me now is that I think to fully enjoy it and to justify the price tag (it IS basically a full price Fortnite) you'd need to have a group of friends playing regularly. I've just been playing with randoms and you get some good games and some absolute stinkers

If anyone else is playing and wants to group up my psn is the same as my name here ( ibrox_grfc ) .

If you see me online then throw me an invite ill normally be on this or Fortnite but will switch across. Its definitely better when in a duo/quad.

Playing blackout constantly, anyone else hate the concussion kills people constantly using to kill you especially the 1v1 for the win, grrrrr

Playing blackout constantly, anyone else hate the concussion kills people constantly using to kill you especially the 1v1 for the win, grrrrr
They are annoying and incapacitate you to the point where it’s almost a guaranteed kill for the enemy when you are concussed.

It will be nerfed in the patch next week but in the meantime, reinforced perk reduces the effects and trophy system blocks it completely. Best to stock up on these for the end circles.

Yeah it's a pain in the ass, they nerfed it a little with only allowing one per slot, previous was 2?

Saying that recently I haven't got near the end :facepalm:

Yeah it's a pain in the ass, they nerfed it a little with only allowing one per slot, previous was 2?

Saying that recently I haven't got near the end :facepalm:

They are annoying and incapacitate you to the point where it’s almost a guaranteed kill for the enemy when you are concussed.

It will be nerfed in the patch next week but in the meantime, reinforced perk reduces the effects and trophy system blocks it completely. Best to stock up on these for the end circles.

I've been just randomly throwing the trophy system without even knowing what it was meant to do. For some reason I though it was like a mini auto gun turret but it never seemed to work, now i know why :facepalm::rotfl:

Traded some stuff in in CEX for Black Ops 4 yesterday so now I have the full game :clap:

Never really liked zombies and normal multiplayer is full of the usual sweaty COD players. Really like Blackout down and out though

Last edited:
I've been just randomly throwing the trophy system without even knowing what it was meant to do. For some reason I though it was like a mini auto gun turret but it never seemed to work, now i know why :facepalm::rotfl:

Traded some stuff in in CEX for Black Ops 4 yesterday so now I have the full game :clap:

Never really like zombies and normal multiplayer is full of the usual sweaty COD players. Really like Blackout down and out though

Will get a game with you mate soon :)

Never really liked zombies and normal multiplayer is full of the usual sweaty COD players. Really like Blackout down and out though
Glad you made the jump mate.I will be on tomorrow night if your about.

Watched a YouTube video yesterday discussing how bad the COD Pass has been so far, in terms of value for money.

After 105 days in, if you paid the £40 for the pass, this is the new content you have you so far (real content, not camos ect) ,

2 new MP maps
2 Zombies maps

Yet after only 88 days, COD WW2 had released this;

3 new MP maps
1 War map
1 Zombie map

And you could buy that for just £12.

Even if you talk about new guns, after 105 days,

Blops 4 - 3 new guns

WW2 - 8 new guns

I bet you must be pretty pissed off if you spent money on a COD Pass, yet despite the promise of more frequent and steady content than ever before, you actually have less than last year!

WW2 game tho wasnt as good tho as this version of COD

So that makes charging £40 for a COD Pass, that provides less content than a £15 dcl pack, ok then?

Better game or not, the Pass is a joke and has clearly not worked. I have spent a lot more time playing MP than Blackout but with all COD games, I would like some new MP maps to play soon, yet unless I spend £40 (which I won't), I won't be able to play any new maps.

Last edited:
I've no intention of buying the pass but doesn't it include 2 extra characters as well ( a robot and an old man who looks like the KFC Colonel)

So that makes charging £40 for a COD Pass, that provides less content than a £15 dcl pack, ok then?

Better game or not, the Pass is a joke and has clearly not worked. I have spent a lot more time playing MP than Blackout but with all COD games, I would like some new MP maps to play soon, yet unless I spend £40 (which I won't), I won't be able to play any new maps.

No one is forced to buy the pass, its optional but I do see your point, I've got the pass and tbh i haven't played any of the new maps and think I played nuketown twice, it's all about blackout for me

What's the opinions on the new blackout mode ambush?

I prefer 'down but not out' . Didn't even know that that mode was only a temporary thing, if I did I probably wouldn't have got the full game.

Played maybe about 10 games of Ambush and my best was a 2nd place finish. I don't like sniper rifles so I just tend to try to hide and booby trap the area that I'm in. I've also never seen a rocket launcher in this mode even though it's supposed to be rocket launchers, sniper rifles and knives

You think they will ever add another map in the Blackout mode?

Do love it but again, gets a little boring playing the very same map all the time.

You think they will ever add another map in the Blackout mode?

Do love it but again, gets a little boring playing the very same map all the time.

Haven't been on Fortnite for a very long time but didn't they add new locations to the map? Maybe the same will happen with Blackout as there are a few large-ish empty spaces at the minute

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom