• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Black Ops 3d?

Kevola

Standard Member
Is anyone playing it in 3d? Getting a 3d TV on Thursday and was wondering if its any good or just a gimick? I really dont know what to expect by it.

Also on a slightly different note I am assuming the my PS3 with play 3d blu ray movies thanks to the last fireware update.

Thanks in advanced.

SlinkDaddy

Prominent Member
I'm afraid it is rubbish IMO. The resolution is lower in 3d and it doesn't look as good. Also the aiming doesn't feel right, someone in the distance looks further away in 3d and it seems harder to aim. Also when aiming it seems more jerky and not fluid enough to be accurate. I was really looking forward to it but it just doesn't work for me. I could be wrong but I think we wont see really good 3d games until the next gen consoles at higher res.

On the upside your PS3 will play 3d Blu-rays.

Kevola

Standard Member
I'm afraid it is rubbish IMO. The resolution is lower in 3d and it doesn't look as good. Also the aiming doesn't feel right, someone in the distance looks further away in 3d and it seems harder to aim. Also when aiming it seems more jerky and not fluid enough to be accurate. I was really looking forward to it but it just doesn't work for me. I could be wrong but I think we wont see really good 3d games until the next gen consoles at higher res.

On the upside your PS3 will play 3d Blu-rays.

Thanks for the reply. Kinda thought that this was going to be the case. Still give it a go and also something to show off to people!

Linnyuk

Established Member
I think the campaign in 3d is amazing. Really made the game for me. Multiplayer however is not so good as there is too much going on.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom