Black Ops 2 Moaning Thread *Part 3*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely unplayable tonight, every lobby is lagging all over the place, people killing me after I get 4/5 hit markers. Hasn't played this badly for ages.

Assuming it's a fixable issue...

I’ve heard one theory that suggests the reason the networking has got progressively worse in COD games is because the hardware is being pushed harder in each iteration. Not sure how much truth is in it but it sounds feasible. I wonder if being host slows your own game down enough to result in a disadvantage?

Hopefully the next generation of consoles will have fairer networking. Almost every game has someone on 3 bars at the top of the scores, it ain’t right.
I said before this game come out I couldn't see how it wouldn't lag considering the amount of stuff they put in it.....

Why can't they see that we don't need the amount of guns they put in? give me 2 types of each class of gun, so long as they work, why do you need more? get rid of different camo's and extras and have it all about game play.
If there's any advantage give it to the host, I'd much prefer to only have to disregard 1 players advantage than it looking like everyone has one.

It seems so obvious you wonder what they've been playing at for the last 6 years?????

Does the game really have that much more to it than Black Ops 1? That game actually had a host advantage, not a disadvantage. Are we sure it's game complexity that's causing the host problems?

Does the game really have that much more to it than Black Ops 1? That game actually had a host advantage, not a disadvantage. Are we sure it's game complexity that's causing the host problems?

WRONG :lesson:

Black Ops 1 might have had an advantage if you were host and flooding your connection or on a crappy connection and you got Host but it was just as bad for me on Blops 1, MW3 and Blops 2.
Treyarch screwed the netcode on both of their recent games.
People were having the same moans in Blops 1, MW3 and now Blops 2. Yeah more than likely the game has more strain on it compared to Blops 1 but still the crap netcode.

*Pops Head In*
Sees people are still complaining about Lag Compensation.
MW4 will be exactly the same and you'll still buy it and the vicious cycle will continue again.
*Pops Head Out*

*Troll In*
Battlefield is much better.
*Troll Out*

*Pops Head In*
MW4 will be exactly the same and you'll still buy it and the vicious cycle will continue again.
*Pops Head Out*

*Troll In*
*Troll Out*

Need to get battlefield 3 again me think

*Pops Head In*
*Pops Head Out*

*Troll In*
*Troll Out*

If the new console still has the same ****** net code then I wont be buying it that's for sure.

Tried this last night, seemed to work. Maybe the placebo effect however

I tried this out last night after you suggested it and to my surprise there was a noticable difference in the way the game played for me.

Then I remembered a week or two ago I kept getting moderate NAT when nothing on my router had changed. Resetting the router made no difference - my nat stayed moderate. I then tested my connection via the xbox settings menu and my nat was then reset to Open??

This would suggest that there is something residual on the actual console that determines how it interacts with a router/xbox live - could be a bandwidth cap or something that gets set when the console handshakes with xbox live?? I've no idea really!

WRONG :lesson:

Black Ops 1 might have had an advantage if you were host and flooding your connection or on a crappy connection and you got Host but it was just as bad for me on Blops 1, MW3 and Blops 2.
Treyarch screwed the netcode on both of their recent games.
People were having the same moans in Blops 1, MW3 and now Blops 2. Yeah more than likely the game has more strain on it compared to Blops 1 but still the crap netcode.

Yeah I found BO1 was pretty much the same.

Another factor I think has at least contributed to the progressive crapness is the number of playlists. There are far too many and it has has fractured the player pool. I get noticeably better games on the more populated lists.

It's the American ‘more is always better' philosophy, they need to keep adding tons of new stuff to successive games otherwise their main market will not accept that it will be any different than the previous games.

Last edited:
Generic blops2 moan lol
On a serious note, been playing the campaign a bit and I am a little confused why some weapons from that were not brought to multi player

Playing with friends on Saturday and one of the party didn't have the maps, so we were in the ‘non-DLC' rotation - the game played pretty well most of the time. So I've deleted the map pack and it played well on Sunday too (and weekend are usually horrible). I don't like the new maps anyway.

I like the new maps :)

But I'm finding that getting matches now is a pain. I'm starting to wonder if buying the Season Pass was a bad idea.

Playing with friends on Saturday and one of the party didn’t have the maps, so we were in the ‘non-DLC’ rotation - the game played pretty well most of the time. So I've deleted the map pack and it played well on Sunday too (and weekend are usually horrible). I don’t like the new maps anyway.

I only like grind. May give this a try

It's MW3 all over again.

I didn't buy a single pack for MW3. I've always bought them for CoDs but the whole Elite Premium thing left such a bitter taste I didn't even bother when they were half price. I did download the two freebie maps though :)

I used 2400 points off that Now TV subscription offer so it only cost me 16 quid for the Season Pass (I had to buy 2000 points towards it). The left over points I bought camos with :D

Bacon. Loved the idea but now my guns look like giant used tampons :laugh:

i spent most of my playing time yesterday just playing the "bonus" match type (the small, mosh pit style maps) - they were quite fun.

I only like grind. May give this a try

how you getting on with that 'test (and therefore refresh?!) Xbox live connection every time you switch on' idea?
do you think it actually works? or just placebo?

in the last few days I've:
- switched to wireless
- been doing that 'Test Live Connection'

I'm getting host less by doing that, to begin with, but after a few games my connection seems to steady out (it'll start off saying 4Mbps, then check again a few games later and it's back up to 10Mbps), then I get host most of the time.

Although most of the time, when playing as host, not really any different to when not host. Only one game in the last few days where I was at an easily-noticeable disadvantage as host.

Either way, I'm glad to be spending less time on the game.
It turns out there is more to life!... weird! :)

how you getting on with that 'test (and therefore refresh?!) Xbox live connection every time you switch on' idea?
do you think it actually works? or just placebo?

in the last few days I've:
- switched to wireless
- been doing that 'Test Live Connection'

I'm getting host less by doing that, to begin with, but after a few games my connection seems to steady out (it'll start off saying 4Mbps, then check again a few games later and it's back up to 10Mbps), then I get host most of the time.

Although most of the time, when playing as host, not really any different to when not host. Only one game in the last few days where I was at an easily-noticeable disadvantage as host.

Either way, I'm glad to be spending less time on the game.
It turns out there is more to life!... weird! :)

If the game is really bad, I do notice a difference.
I've not been on it as much

Wireless definitely helps me, I’m less sure about the connection test.

Wireless through my laptop which is tethering through my phone is the way forward

I really hate playing this game, the second lag combined with shotgun players are the bane of my life, it suits them perfectly to fire one or two shots for a kill, only reason I am still on it is due to a mate coming to the party late and wanting to play it most nights.

Buying Crysis 3 at the weekend as it looks good on vids.

Fingers crossed also for Respawn to blow us away!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom