• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes. We're still rebuilding the database indexes, so searches won't be reliable for a few hours, but we feel it's more important to bring the forums back online. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post. Thank you for your patience.

Black Op 3 Ps4 or Xbox One

Audemars

Banned
I own all consoles but not sure whether to pick this game up on PS4 or Xbox One.

PS4 has better graphics and frame rates right?

However Xbox One has the elite controller.

What do people think?

RedAl

I own all consoles but not sure whether to pick this game up on PS4 or Xbox One.

Apart from the DLC advantage I`d probably go with which platform has most of your friends.

What do people think?

King Tones

Distinguished Member
Frame rate is the same is it not?

Go with what your friends are playing and your prefered controller.
I always buy FPS on Xbox One due to Controller and just got the Elite Controller which is a thing of beauty. Don't care about the DLC. Everyone on the same platform is on the same level playing field in that respect.

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Buy what your friends have. I couldn't play it without symmetrical sticks considering my thumbs rest on the sticks for most of the game but if all my friends bought on a certain platform then that's what I'd go for.

Audemars

Banned
I dont have many friends that game. However, I am thinking that given the improvements available from the elite controller all my FPS online games should be on the Xbox One.

FadgewackeR

Distinguished Member
I dont have many friends that game. However, I am thinking that given the improvements available from the elite controller all my FPS online games should be on the Xbox One.
Xbox uneducated here... What's so good about the Elite controller that you couldn't get from a PS4 variant Scuf? I know nothing about the Elite at all.

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Xbox uneducated here... What's so good about the Elite controller that you couldn't get from a PS4 variant Scuf? I know nothing about the Elite at all.
There's more customisation on the Elite, it also comes with spare analogue sticks that are easily swappable, it has 4 re-programmable paddles, think it comes with a foam case and a braided USB cable, but still takes AA batteries.

Value for money the Elite is better from what I can see (I own two Scuf 4PS controllers) and pretty much everything on the Scuf is an optional upgrade with additional expense. But if you're not too bothered about the 4 paddles and have no intention of re-programming them you could get a standard base unit Scuf for around £90 + delivery, and if you look on Youtube there are plenty of 5% discount codes you could use to knock it down a little..

gunner84

Distinguished Member
PS4 here, was playing domination earlier, online connection was rock solid over wireless.

addyb

Distinguished Member

What do people think?

I can only speak of the elite controller but it's excellent for this game. I've configured jump/boost to one of the left paddles and slide to the right and it handles great.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
I much prefer all first person shooters on the Xbox controller, even the regular one is just so much better for FPS than the PS4 controller. But alas all my friends have PS4 so I gave in to peer pressure.

slinger

I've got it on both Xbone and PS4 and the PS4 wipes the floor with the Xbox version in my opinion. It both looks better and performs faster.
I've ALWAYS chosen Xbox over PS for FPS, both due to the controller and Xbox live being superior (in my opinion) but this generation Sony have improved the pad drastically and PS+ is much better now than what it was.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom