1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black levels on Pio 50HDE

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Yid219, Jul 6, 2004.

1. Yid219

Yid219
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi

i know this may have been talked about before but can anyone who has the 50" please let me know what the black levels are like and if they get better whilst the screen is still "running in" as I am unable to make my mind up as to what screen to go for Pan or Pio?

Thanks

2. cybersoga

cybersoga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Panasonic has a darker black when the room is dark, but there are many more factors to consider... :)

3. LeeT

LeeT
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Am totally happy with my 504HDE used with my Arcam DV-79 over a wireworld HDMI cable, the PQ is outstanding and Gordon is coming to calibrate now that I have a few hundred hours on the panel so we'll see what difference that makes.

The SKY+ PQ is just about ok, will try with a better RGB SCART to see if that makes any difference.

IMHO you have to audition all the panels you want and decided which one based on more than how black it is ;)

Hope this helps...

Lee m :D

4. Triggaaar

Triggaaar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,016
    Demoed the 50" HDE, 43" HDE & 42" PHD. The Pioneers I saw were not set-up to a standard I could live with - it wasn't that the blacks didn't go black enough, but that there was a lack of detail between dark objects. Do you need to have speakers and media box with the package? If not, you shuold look at the 50" MXE1. It's more configurable than the HDE, so you'll get better pictures.

Tough one between that and the Panny. I'd love to see a calibrated version of each, side by side. Ones that aren't set-up to their best just add to the confusion.