Black Level Panasonic PX vs. PZ vs. PH

Discussion in 'Panasonic TVs Forum' started by Jensemann, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Jensemann

Jensemann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, I am very disappointed with the poor black level of my TH50PH9... the black level of my old PHW6 (G6) was much better. Somebody told, that the PH10 is no better than the PH9. But anotherone told, that the PZ Models have much better black, has anyone had the chance to compare all the models?

Other thind with the antireflexion front. Does all the Panels have the new very dark front? The picture looks some kind of milky or grey ... This wasn't at all a problem with the G6 Model

And there is no need for this dark front in a home cinema

2. Jensemann

Jensemann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No One ever compared the PV70 (without Antireflexion) vs. PZ

3. Icm76

Icm76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +72
    Did the older commercial Panasonic screens have an ND glass filter as standard? (if that's the right thing? - a glass screen that deepens the black & increases the perception of colour intensity at the expense of reduced brightness)

I keep seeing ND filters being offered as options on some professional displays and there is an optional screen available for the Panasonic plasmas. However I'm not sure if's just an anti glare filter or if that is the same as an ND filter? Can anyone explain these in more detail & if the Panasonic optional screen would be a worthwhile upgrade for those complaining that the latest screens don't have the same deep blacks as old?

4. Jensemann

Jensemann

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I just mean the Anti Glare Front

But as it became that dark the picture looks pretty milky...
    And nobody needs it in a Home Cinema!

I will ask Panasonic if there is a chance of removing it