1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Black level on Sony KV28LS35 is.........

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by weyland-yutani, Nov 10, 2002.

1. weyland-yutani

weyland-yutani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +103
    ..driving me mental:mad:

the "movie" setting is too bright, making blacks (like Space scenes in sci-fi films, Alien, etc...) look washed out and snowy.

the "live" setting is too dark, making it hard to see some of the action.

the "personal" is all over the shop, as i have to keep changing it for different DVDs.

all this is happening in RGB mode, which isn't very impressive from a sony at all.:(

any other owners having trouble with this set. and what is a good set-up disc to buy, so i can try and get some "standard" in place?

thanks.:mad: :(

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the sony px2 rp television. I also find movie setting too bright, live just crappy and have had to set it to personal. I find that in order to get a nice black background I have to have the brightness too low making it too dark on light scenes. I cant win.

shaun

3. smallman28

smallman28

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Best thing I found was to use the THX Optimiser found on some DVD's,Star Wars Episode 1 for example.
    There are some that deal with brightness/contrast and I found these a great help in helping to acheive a balance.
    I used to notice some solarisation effect on some of the dvds I had that seemed to be caused by these levels being too high and once I had reduced them it disappeared with the added bonus of some finer detail becoming more obvious.
    Some of the tests you have to have a special filter for but they are only for the colour settings.
    Oh,just noticed you are using RGB and I am only using SVHS so dont know if you can alter brightness/contrast in RGB,can you?
    By the way I am also using the KV28LS35.

4. fernando

fernando

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am a very happy owner of a KV28LS35 TV set.

I also noted that the pre-adjust image options are horrible but it is possible to solve it. In the movie option you can can move the contrast bar. If you do this 5 times to the left you have, more or less exactly, the adjustment of the THX optimizer of SW E1. Don´t touch it and now you can use the persdonal option for the TV emissions.

Take into account tath you can also play with yor DVD settings. My DVD player have a black level and contrast adjustment.

Good luck

Saludos